US Owners: Amazing deal on wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-14-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Garage
US Owners: Amazing deal on wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct

Okay, I'm going to sound like a shill for Discount Tire Direct but I swear not taking any money from them (beyond this offer available to everybody in the US).

Discount Tire Direct is having a "Presidents Day" Sale where they are offering up to $100 MIR on select sets of 4 tires and another $100 MIR on any set of 4 wheels. In addition to this, if you sign up for their credit card and use it to make your purchase, you get an additional $60 MIR on the tires and $60 MIR on the wheels.

I priced out a set of (4) 16" alloys and (4) winter tires which came to $712.88. Take off $100 for the wheels, and $75 for the tires in addition to the $60 each for using the DTD credit car and the price drops to $417.88. There are, of course, plenty of other options but this was the cheapest combo I could find for a winter wheel/tire set.

DTD offer free shipping and free mounting/balancing if you purchase a wheel/tire package.

I used the tire rebates to purchase my race tires for next season. I signed up for the credit card (27% APR, so definitely not going to carry a balance), ordered the tires and applied for the rebates (all online) yesterday morning. I received the rebate approval by lunch time the same day and confirmed that I should get them in 3-4 weeks. I think we can safely assume that DTD isn't relying on tricks to increase breakage/slippage.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/p...presidents_day

2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!)
2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Last edited by NotAPreppie; 02-14-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2018, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, I could use a deal like that right about now. If you know of any by some miracle, help the brother out! haha
post #3 of 3 Old 12-08-2018, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Garage
Well, I've got a set of 4 OEM 18" wheels with 3 good OEM tires (one with a hole in the sidewall) that I've just been too lazy to list on Craigslist. PM me if you want to start negotiations.

2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!)
2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode