Mazda CX3 Forum

Mazda CX3 Forum (https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Discussion (https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   On the Mazda Brand (https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/1634-mazda-brand.html)

Kanban 06-24-2015 09:24 PM

On the Mazda Brand

Peter De Lorenzo's musings on Mazda in his annual brand rankings...

THE AUTOEXTREMIST BRAND IMAGE METER IV, OR, ?HOW CAN WE GET THERE IF WE DON?T KNOW WHERE WE?RE*GOING?? - Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Quote:

Mazda: Even though Mazda builds some outstanding cars, the brand always seems to be scrambling for respectability. Will it ever be more than it is right now, the scrappy purveyor of interesting cars if you would just take the time to look? Mazda executives are taking a swing at major league image shifting with the new “Driving Matters” campaign, which is indeed excellent and one of the best automotive ads we’ve seen in a while. But saying that, it’s almost if that campaign should be attached to another brand, because it seems to be overreaching beyond Mazda’s station in the automotive world. The AE Brand Image Meter ranking? If you’re into the brand, it’s hot. For most of the rest of the automotive world it’s - did you see the last three holes of the U.S. Open?

Jay 06-24-2015 10:02 PM

good point on the driving matters ad, it's something i would have expected to be used by BMW.... not mazda with the vehicles it has, aside from the Miata.

Oldboy 06-25-2015 09:29 PM

I think they could have come up with a better ad campaign personally. But I do think that Mazda is underrated. They make awesome vehicles and I'm surprised that I don't see more of them out on the road.

Kanban 06-26-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldboy (Post 13322)
I think they could have come up with a better ad campaign personally. But I do think that Mazda is underrated. They make awesome vehicles and I'm surprised that I don't see more of them out on the road.

Honestly I like Driving Matters. Mazda knows the majority of their buyers are enthusiasts and enthusiasts are always bemoaning the lack of driving enthusiasm from the manufacturers and from consumers. Its an interesting angle to try and satisfy all these disgruntled enthusiasts. they might see a good conversion rate...

Jay 06-26-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldboy (Post 13322)

Any ideas of what they could have come up with and what reason you have for suggesting that? Interested in hearing!

Oldboy 06-26-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 13410)
Any ideas of what they could have come up with and what reason you have for suggesting that? Interested in hearing!

I don't hate the driving matters campaign, I just feel that it isn't very engaging, inspired or exciting. I am not drawn to Mazda because of it.

Mazda has a bit of a fun and quirky brand. Think of the old zoom zoom commercials. I would have liked Mazda to stay true to that personality.

I just think they could have done something a bit more entertaining to really get people's attention.

Jay 06-28-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldboy (Post 13442)
I don't hate the driving matters campaign, I just feel that it isn't very engaging, inspired or exciting. I am not drawn to Mazda because of it.

Mazda has a bit of a fun and quirky brand. Think of the old zoom zoom commercials. I would have liked Mazda to stay true to that personality.

I just think they could have done something a bit more entertaining to really get people's attention.

I see what you mean.

I remember those Zoom Zoom days and they way in which they promoted it was fun, with the vehicles they have now I wish they used zoom zoom on them, very fitting.