Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Got our CX-3 last night

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NotAPreppie 
#1 ·
We got our CX-3 last night. It's a CPO service loaner with 2100 miles on it.

The radar cruise control is nothing short of magical.

IMO, every car should have lane departure warning systems retrofitted without a switch to turn them off. That way the festering anal sores that I share the road with might actually remember to use their indicators.

I'm pleased with the size of the vehicle. When I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show, I was irritated by the fact that it was smaller and yet more expensive than a Mazda 3. When we were shopping for cars smaller than our 2009 Infiniti G37x, I was shocked that the Mazda 3 was only 6" shorter. After parking it in our rather small parking space, I've decided to look at it as paying a premium for something that's easy to park.

A few minor quibbles...
  • There's more road/wind noise than I'd like but I knew that going in. Comparing a small Mazda to an Infiniti isn't really fair. I may see how much I can get for the OE 18x8 wheel/tire combo and getting some 17" wheels with some quiet "grand touring" summer tires (I already have snow tires left over from the Infiniti that will fit).
  • Holy crap the center arm rest is flimsy. It flexes and creeks even with my limp noodley arm on it. What's with it being hollow and having a spring inside? Do they think I'm putting my phone in there or something?
  • WHY THE HELL ISN'T THERE A HOMELINK MIRROR OPTION?!?!?

See less See more
Reactions: greaseman85
#6 ·
:D

Congrats! You're spot on with the arm rest and road noise problems.
I'm not too bothered by the road/wind noise. It's still quieter than my 11 year old race car so I'll quickly forget about it.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the photos. I feel your pain about the indicators. If I had all the time back that I’ve sat at a junction waiting for somebody who turns in without indicating, I’d still be in my 40s instead of 58.
Yah, it gets pretty hairy in Chicago traffic. Makes me wish I had deflector shields.

Congratulations on your cx-3 purchase. They do have a few bugs but they are a great vehicle.
Yah, no car is perfect. My only real concern with Mazdas in general is the micron-thin paint they use. I do bi-annual rust checks on my RX-8 to catch it before it starts bubbling up. Fortunately, it has only been on the inside of the wheel arches and I can just clean and hit it with some POR-15.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the photos. I feel your pain about the indicators. If I had all the time back that I’ve sat at a junction waiting for somebody who turns in without indicating, I’d still be in my 40s instead of 58.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.