User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Greetings from Australia

Took delivery of our CX3 last week - sTouring, petrol, auto, awd. Red of course. Going really well so far.
Kyle Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-13-2015, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Hello and welcome from the plains.

We have been waiting for answers to questions only an owner can give us at this time.

I have read somewhere the AWD versions have had additional NVH measures taken. Did you get a chance to compare the noise level between FWD and AWD versions and what is your appraisal of noise levels in general?

Last edited by okhick; 04-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Jay

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Congrats!

What other vehicles did you look into before deciding to go with the CX3?

Post some pictures of it if you have any

post #4 of 14 Old 04-16-2015, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
It's frustrating when someone joins the forum claiming to be a new owner, but does not answer or even acknowledge questions he would be in a unique position to know.

I joined the forum to gather and share info about a vehicle I am seriously considering for purchase.

What is your purpose in joining the forum Aussie Pete?

Last edited by okhick; 04-16-2015 at 05:48 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-16-2015, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhick View Post
It's frustrating when someone joins the forum claiming to be a new owner, but does not answer or even acknowledge questions he would be in a unique position to know.

I joined the forum to gather and share info about a vehicle I am seriously considering for purchase.

What is your purpose in joining the forum Aussie Pete?
I know what you mean...at this stage in the process people are eager for information since there hasn't been anything new for a while.
hopefully he responds.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-17-2015, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Answers to Questions

FYI - the reason for the delay in replying is that I have been ill and replying to questions on this forum is not my top priority.

Re NVH. I had not read about improved NVH for AWD CX3s before. We did not test drive a FWD version before purchase, only the AWD. I have no problems with NVH on our car, but we have not yet done 500 kms. But we have been on a variety of country roads. I wanted the AWD for extra stability as we have had full size 4WDs for 20 years +, to handle the remote Australian outback - not that we will be taking the CX3 to Cape York or the Kimberley.

Re other cars considered. We started looking at the Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus, but wanted something different. Toyota RAV4 too big for a second car. Then looked at Holden Trax, Honda HR-V, Mitsubishi ASX, Renault Captur. All good cars but did not match the CX3 package re features, safety aspects, price and fun to drive. Also, have had four Mazdas in the past with no problems. Plus, the CX3 has had some good reviews here. We liked the CX3 so we bought it and are happy.

Will try to load up photos when it stops raining and I am up to it.
okhick likes this.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-17-2015, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
how do you find the road noise compared to the other cars you trialed? That was a downside to the CX-5...
post #8 of 14 Old 04-17-2015, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Great to have you here on the forum and can't wait to see some photos. It's raining in Australia? That's good news, aren't you guys perpetually in a drought?

A few questions for you. Are the seats adjusted with a lever or are they power seats? Is there a centre arm rest, and if not do you find that to be something that is missing or is it still comfortable to drive?
post #9 of 14 Old 04-17-2015, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanban View Post
how do you find the road noise compared to the other cars you trialed? That was a downside to the CX-5...
Unless he has had other vehicles of similar build quality from competing brands like Honda, Toyota, etc... it shouldn't be too bad.

I find it's mostly those coming from higher end vehicles having to adjust.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-18-2015, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Road Noise and Seat Adj

Hello Kanban. Road noise is no problem, but do not know what you might be used to.
The CX3 is quieter than our previous Ford Laser and our current Toyota Prado. The radio is easier to hear than the Laser or Prado on the same stretch of road at the same speed. But the radio is better quality. At cruising speed on highway I think it is quiet enough. It is hard to describe something as subjective as road noise - all I can say is that it is not an issue for us.

Hello Volta. Seat adjustment is manual, we have the Touring spec and I do not think that a power seat adjustment is available at all. We did not get the optional centre console/ arm rest - too expensive. Do not miss the arm rest, but do miss the extra storage - the CX3 is a bit lacking in places to hide your valuables. We'll see if an after market item becomes available.

We did get head light protectors (those lights are probably expensive to replace, and I have broken two head light protectors on the Prado before, but not the headlight). Also put mud flaps front and rear, another must have in my opinion.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode