Arrived today! - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-20-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs up Arrived today!

I got the call from the dealership today to say that my CX-3 Individual had arrived and I could come and look at it and discuss the tint options.

They did warn me that it wasn't going to look pretty after it's journey half way around the world on a ship and then on a vehicle transporter. Tomorrow it's getting it's PDI, valet, and the tint.

The guy who does the tint showed me a CX-5 he had just done that looked very nice, so I've told him to do the same percentages for mine. It's getting 35% on the front side windows, and 50% for the others, as they already have tinted glass from the factory (looks like it may be around 75%).

I'm having the front bumper and headlights wrapped with Xpel Ultimate at the dealership on Friday morning. They were happy to let the installer come and do the Xpel at their prep centre, and they're giving me access to the car before he arrives, so I can clay bar the front prior to the Xpel being fitted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-20-2016, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Congradulations on your CX3.... I'm sure you will love it. I had 18% carbon tint installed on all windows except the windshield. The tint percentage identifies the amount of light the tint will allow to pass through the window. Therefore the lower the number, the darker the tint. In my opinion, I would tint all windows the same. Enjoy your ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	5057  

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents
post #3 of 7 Old 01-20-2016, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Love that 18% carbon you've done. It really highlights the "floating roof" design.

My intention is to have all the windows look the same, but the rear windows already come tinted from the factory, and I only have a choice of 35, 50, or clear. I saw the combination I've chosen on the CX-5 and the 50% tint on the already darkened rear windows is marginally darker than the 35, but I think it's the closest match I can get. A clear film on the rear windows would probably leave them lighter than the front, and I don't want that.

The 35 is as dark as they allow here legally on the front side windows, and as my drive to work on winter mornings is in the dark I probably wouldn't go darker even if I could.

The film they are installing is also for security. You can see the difference it makes here:
http://youtu.be/oN1TnQtRUfw

Last edited by AlexMc; 01-20-2016 at 08:15 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Congrats! Glad its arrived and you must be enjoying it.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Brilliant. Hot off the ship so to speak. Make sure it's run in before tackling such steep hills as OLW ;-)

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #6 of 7 Old 01-21-2016, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Congrats on the toy
post #7 of 7 Old 01-21-2016, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
Brilliant. Hot off the ship so to speak. Make sure it's run in before tackling such steep hills as OLW ;-)
The first thing I thought when I saw the photo of OLWs CX-3 is how impressive the AWD system must be!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode