User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thumbs down Frustrated with Tech Issues

I have experienced three tech issues so far with my new CX-3 GT and I am wondering if I got a "lemon". The Blind Spot Monitoring was not functioning (which I noticed on Day 1 of owning the car) and it took almost two weeks to fix that issue (part shipped from Japan and then a calibrating device had to be shipped from California since dealers don't have this device to repair CX-3s yet).

The second issue is something that is not a problem actually but a function of the technology. The Tire Pressure Monitoring indicator triggered two days ago (which at first made me think I was getting a flat tire) but this is probably a function of temperatures dropping in Chicago at night which decreases the pressure in the tires.

The third issue popped up today. I was wondering why my main display was so dim today (literally unreadable) since it was working fine yesterday. The display brightness in the settings was on "Auto". When I changed it to "Day" the display was fine (much brighter) but you would think "Auto" would detect daytime conditions and adjust the brightness. It does not. Perhaps a sensor is off or there is a software issue. Not sure but this is another annoying problem with my new vehicle. I hope other owners are having a better experience so far...I am worried about the quality of my vehicle for sure and am contacting Mazda Corporate in addition to the dealer to give them feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Auto only dims the display when the lights are switched on BUT it is also switchable through the panel dimmer switch so you can have it bright when using lights during daylight. Auto does not detect daylight automatically.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Display

I did not have my lights on (since it's daytime) and yet the touchscreen display was so dim I could not read it (hence, can't see any Navigation, etc.) until I manually set the Display setting to "Day" via the settings function on the control panel. Hence, I am not sure I understand your reply although I do appreciate any tips and feedback!

post #4 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

User Error

As it turns out, my lights were on and that caused the display to be dimmed on the "Auto" mode. I am glad you tipped me off as to what could be causing the issue...I drove the car last night and thought I had turned off the lights. Hence that tech is working as intended. My bad.

The Blind Spot Monitoring issue I had was legitimate and Mazda should do a better job preparing dealers for potential repairs. To have to ship a part from Japan and to have to separately ship a device to calibrate the module is a bit concerning but perhaps is typical of the roll-out of a new model.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-14-2015, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
when adjusting the dash lights with the trip button, which you can turn (not just press) it also adjusts the display on the touch screen display
post #6 of 11 Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
Auto only dims the display when the lights are switched on BUT it is also switchable through the panel dimmer switch so you can have it bright when using lights during daylight. Auto does not detect daylight automatically.
I've noticed this ...erm... phenomenon as well.

Please remind me where the panel dimmer switch is.

post #7 of 11 Old 09-14-2015, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
It's the little button on the instrument panel next to the rev counter that you would normally press cycle the trip meters.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #8 of 11 Old 09-14-2015, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
It's the little button on the instrument panel next to the rev counter that you would normally press cycle the trip meters.
Thanks.

post #9 of 11 Old 09-15-2015, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Subaru's Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) always went on when the temperature would drop 15+ degrees as my tire pressure would drop below 30psi. I will watch to see how sensitive my GT TPM is and let you know.

Sorry to hear your Blind Spot Fix took so long. I was concerned buying so new a vehicle that parts will be hard to get for a while. Can't even get winter mats or touch up paint (Cermic Metallic). On the Honda HRV forum people say they are waiting over a month to get their windshields replaced. This supply issue on new vehicles seems to be a problem even for the larger auto makers.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-30-2015, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Does anyone find that the sound that is made when (according to the system) you are too close to the centre line really irritating? I would guess that it is supposed to sound as though you are driving on the warning strip or "rumble" strip on a highway but to me it is 'way too sensitive. I am at least several feet clear of the line and the rumble sound comes out of the dash. It makes me want to scream a few choice phrases at the dashboard.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode