New CX-3 owner in the Los Angeles area - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-28-2015, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
New CX-3 owner in the Los Angeles area

Got the CX-3 today, Ceramic Metallic GT AWD with i-ACTIVSENSE and nothing else. Has been searching for the right one for about 2 weeks. Got it from Puente Hills Mazda in City of Industry. Really great sales and done most of the talking in email. (Not a lot of talking is needed anyway. Full MSRP price.) Just go to the dealer, did a final test drive, pay and got the car.

The car feels great driving back. Too bad it is my wife's car and I get to only drive it in weekend.
adykang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 08-29-2015, 03:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adykang View Post
Got the CX-3 today, Ceramic Metallic GT AWD with i-ACTIVSENSE and nothing else. Has been searching for the right one for about 2 weeks. Got it from Puente Hills Mazda in City of Industry. Really great sales and done most of the talking in email. (Not a lot of talking is needed anyway. Full MSRP price.) Just go to the dealer, did a final test drive, pay and got the car.

The car feels great driving back. Too bad it is my wife's car and I get to only drive it in weekend.
Full MSRP (??)...when you look at any of their literature they have a $500 'discount' for this another for 'that'...and another for...it just goes on and on. Yesterday they told me I qualified for a discount because my girlfriend of 10 yrs owns a Mazda.
Leavenfish is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 08-29-2015, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not qualify for any rebate

But I am not qualify for any of those rebate/discount. I had a 2003 Mazda Protege5 before, but I already sold it. So I don't qualify for the loyalty rebate. Has graduated from college a log time ago, not in military now or before, and I don't know any other rebate that is on this car.

Some other dealers in the area are marking up the CX-3 right now. One of them is even marking up over $2500 for it, another $1400. For dealers who are not marking up, they insist on dealer installed options, something I don't want. One of the dealer has over $3000 of dealer installed add-on on a CX-3 GT. (I think cost them less than $200 to install.) They eventually come down in the cost of the options but still don't feel like to pay for them or deal with the dealer.

If I need a car 6 month later, I am sure I will get a good price for it. But my wife needs the car now. And paying MSRP for a brand new model that hasn't even show up in the manufacture's web site seems like a good deal for us.
adykang is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 08-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Adykang, a Shame you only get to drive it on the weekend. Doesn't matter what you paid most important is you are happy with the CX-3. What is your daily driver? Maybe you and your wife could switch? Haha welcome to the CX-3 family
riosx2013 and ohgeez like this.
1362 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 08-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adykang View Post
But I am not qualify for any of those rebate/discount.
But my point is...if they are honoring these on the CX-3 (and I've heard no disclaimers) they has 'x amount of $ room to give, so to speak...and still make what profit they need to make. It's just how to get it from them.

They like to have all these 'set asides' for people to qualify for....but if they are willing to give me $500 off because my wife has a Mazda...why could you not in theory tell the manager, "You are willing to give them $500 off for that, how about giving me $500 off for being a first time Mazda buyer?".

The Mazda my wife got a few years ago I negotiated...offered $2k under MSRP...would not budge - had no 'rebates' we qualified for...got it for $2k under MSRP and there really wasn't but one 'counter' I had to withstand.

Granted, the CX-3 is new and 'hot'...but if the rebates are there for people...the slush fund is real and you just have to get them to give it to use...call it whatever they want on the books.
Leavenfish is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 08-29-2015, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavenfish View Post
But my point is...if they are honoring these on the CX-3 (and I've heard no disclaimers) they has 'x amount of $ room to give, so to speak...and still make what profit they need to make. It's just how to get it from them.

They like to have all these 'set asides' for people to qualify for....but if they are willing to give me $500 off because my wife has a Mazda...why could you not in theory tell the manager, "You are willing to give them $500 off for that, how about giving me $500 off for being a first time Mazda buyer?".

The Mazda my wife got a few years ago I negotiated...offered $2k under MSRP...would not budge - had no 'rebates' we qualified for...got it for $2k under MSRP and there really wasn't but one 'counter' I had to withstand.

Granted, the CX-3 is new and 'hot'...but if the rebates are there for people...the slush fund is real and you just have to get them to give it to use...call it whatever they want on the books.
Not saying you can't get a better deal than MSRP, but those rebates are from the factory and have no affect on dealer margin. It he gives you the equivalent discount without factory authorization, it comes directly from his profit.



okhick is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 08-30-2015, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPANT View Post
Adykang, a Shame you only get to drive it on the weekend. Doesn't matter what you paid most important is you are happy with the CX-3. What is your daily driver? Maybe you and your wife could switch? Haha welcome to the CX-3 family
I have a 2010 Honda Accord for my daily use. Not a bad car, but doesn't give me to feeling in CX-3.

I test drove a CX-5 also, maybe it is time to switch...
riosx2013 and 1362 like this.
adykang is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 08-30-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavenfish View Post
But my point is...if they are honoring these on the CX-3 (and I've heard no disclaimers) they has 'x amount of $ room to give, so to speak...and still make what profit they need to make. It's just how to get it from them.
I think you are right, Mazda and its dealers do want to move their car out of the lot. But the dealers thinks the only time to make a big profit is when they have a new model out and have limited number of cars out there. After two weeks of negotiation, none of them are willing to go lower. I heard dealer are still not lowering the price for a 2016 Miata and people are still willing to pay MSRP for it because there is so few of them. We are happy to get the CX-3 at MSRP when it is out. It is a great car to drive and fit our needs perfectly.
1362 likes this.
adykang is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 08-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Congrats adykang. I also have a Ceramic Metallic AWD GT and it's a great driver. I have taken a couple turns at speed with no issues. I drive I-95 most days and it's also a pleasure at highway speed. Whenever I'm out strangers come up to me asking about the car and the color. Don't worry about MSRP...that is what most people are paying...enjoy the ride!
riosx2013 and 1362 like this.
Postal is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 08-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Postal, Cornering with speed is such a fun feeling in this car haha I get in trouble merging onto the freeway from my Fiance. It's neat when people come up and ask you about the car, I had a younger couple follow me from the grocery store to the gas station today to ask me about mine. They were driving an older protege, they were so excited that they said they were going to the dealership tomorrow haha.
riosx2013 likes this.
1362 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome