User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-20-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Talking I am the 2nd Cx3 Owner in Colorado

Love, love, love my CX3! 2nd one sold in Colorado! A couple actually came in while I was in the purchase process and offered the sales manager $1000 more if they could buy it out from me

I got the GT, with iActive, Parchment Interior and Remote Start. Drive's great, is pretty peppy, especially between 3k to 6k RPM.

Only Con so far: My water cup (Plastic Insulated cup with a straw) won't fit in the center cup holder, but it fits in the door fine.

Will post interior pic's today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546-1.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	881  

Last edited by shasta7347; 08-20-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-20-2015, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
!

Congrats! I guess that answers the questions about i-Activ models actually shipping.

The door cupholder is a too often forgotten substitute for the center console holders.

shasta7347 likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-20-2015, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Congratulations. Great pic....looks beautiful!!! Picking mine up tomorrow
shasta7347 likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 08-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Jay

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Awesome.

The picture you posted is a good reference for how the CX-3 is sized sitting right next to an Econoline which we're all familiar with. Good for those that have yet to see a CX-3.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-21-2015, 02:27 PM

Congrats, shasta7347!

I'm actually in Colorado myself and planning to test drive a few CX-3s maybe as early as today. I was worried that the high altitude would impact engine performance but it seems like it's working well for you?

If you don't mind can you share what you paid out the door? I'm probably going to opt for the GT-iActive package as well but only if I can keep everything under $30,000. :-)
post #6 of 11 Old 08-21-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Hey SpringsMan,
We payed just a hair over $31,000, but $1800 of that was to add the Remote start, Windows Tint, Clear Bra, all weather mats, and the interior anti-stain treatment. There was a few other options in there as well.

I'm assuming your in the Colorado Springs Based on your name? We are too. We wound up going to Denver to purchase ours because we couldn't get the Madza dealer in the Springs to give us an accurate update on their inventory. Their webpage showed they had the CX3, but then couldn't tell us where the car was. haha. Crazy.

I'm happy with the engine performance, so I don't think the altitude has much of a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringsMan View Post
Congrats, shasta7347!

I'm actually in Colorado myself and planning to test drive a few CX-3s maybe as early as today. I was worried that the high altitude would impact engine performance but it seems like it's working well for you?

If you don't mind can you share what you paid out the door? I'm probably going to opt for the GT-iActive package as well but only if I can keep everything under $30,000. :-)

Last edited by shasta7347; 08-21-2015 at 02:42 PM.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-21-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta7347 View Post
Hey SpringsMan,
We payed just a hair over $31,000, but $1800 of that was to add the Remote start, Windows Tint, Clear Bra, all weather mats, and the interior anti-stain treatment. There was a few other options in there as well.

I'm assuming your in the Colorado Springs Based on your name? We are too. We wound up going to Denver to purchase ours because we couldn't get the Madza dealer in the Springs to give us an accurate update on their inventory. Their webpage showed they had the CX3, but then couldn't tell us where the car was. haha. Crazy.

I'm happy with the engine performance, so I don't think the altitude has much of a difference
Oh excellent, thanks for that as it'll give me a reference point to negotiate. I don't think I'll need that many options but I'll be getting the remote starter as well, and probably a few other items (such as the auto-dimming mirror).

Were you at least able to test drive locally, or did you have to go to Denver for that too? I drove by Bob Penkhus's lot a few times this week but never see any CX-3s. Weird, considering they have like SIXTEEN on their website listed, you'd think they'd at least have one you could test drive.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-21-2015, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
It looks amazing and congratulations on getting there just in the nick of time. Did you find the first Cx3 owner in Colorado and chat about your new rides?
post #9 of 11 Old 08-21-2015, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabs View Post
It looks amazing and congratulations on getting there just in the nick of time. Did you find the first Cx3 owner in Colorado and chat about your new rides?
Might be a good opportunity for that connection to be made here if it hasn't already. Anyone getting a vehicle that soon before anyone else more than likely isn't the average buyer.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-22-2015, 12:07 AM

Just test drove one today! Good Lord is that a nice looking car.

Unfortunately I found it a bit cramped and noisy on the road. It's very responsive but it also revs up heavy which adds to the noise. I found the CX-5 to be a bit more quieter and there was no arguing the roomier cargo space and back seats. Hard decision though, since the trade-off is I'd pay less for the CX-3 and get somewhat better mileage.

The HUD display is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a car and definitely takes some getting used to. It's not obtrusive though, and you'll forget it's even there once you start driving.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode