I have ordered a new Mazda 2, what now?! - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have ordered a new Mazda 2, what now?!

Hello!
I am a lady from Europe who used to drive the 2 and when the new 2 was released I ordered it.
Before that I was interested in Captur but the rate between price and equipment wasnít making me happy. I asked about CX3 but the dealer told me it will not be released before 2016. Then I thought, ok, mazda 2 is my car, I should have a new one. And I made a deposit, the car should come in a week or two.
But then, all of the sudden, they got CX3 in the showroom and started to sell it! I went for a drive and I am in love!!! It is indeed much more money than I intended to spend and we do not have heavy snow like you guys in Canada, and although I like to go to the mountains it is not that often, and I will drive mostly from home to work (in the city) and 100-200km out of town on weekends. But I love it!!!!
I have to decide very soon if I should cancel the 2 that is coming. And I have to wait until November/December for CX3, which is way to long!
I need your support to become a CX3 owner ))
Are there any female owners here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-04-2015, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I don't know how many girls are here or own a CX-3 to be honest.

If you need a AWD transmission, CX-3.
If you need fuel efficiency, Mazda2 (same engine, different transmission and weight).
If you need a bit more cargo space, CX-3.

Design is a matter of taste, there is not much more I can tell about it because I haven't seen the new Mazda2 yet... even in a dealer !
So it's your call on this one ...
post #3 of 16 Old 08-04-2015, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
If the dealer wants to close a deal they will let you transfer your deposit over to the CX-3. They can just bring the 2 onto their lot and sell it to another customer. I doubt you should be locked into anything.

post #4 of 16 Old 08-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Go and see the dealer. If you go ahead with the 2, you will never be happy. If that were not the case, you wouldn't have posted.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #5 of 16 Old 08-04-2015, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all. Anchorman, I guess you are right. I just needed someone to shut up my common sense voice which keeps asking me why do I need a crossover in the first place.

And the dealer might actually be happy because they might have a buyer for my 2, they just need to convince him Deep Crystal Blue is better than the red one

So, I might be joining you owners sometime in winter with my Crystal White Challenge.
Redbeast likes this.
post #6 of 16 Old 08-04-2015, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
Hello!
I am a lady from Europe who used to drive the 2 and when the new 2 was released I ordered it.
Before that I was interested in Captur but the rate between price and equipment wasn’t making me happy. I asked about CX3 but the dealer told me it will not be released before 2016. Then I thought, ok, mazda 2 is my car, I should have a new one. And I made a deposit, the car should come in a week or two.
But then, all of the sudden, they got CX3 in the showroom and started to sell it! I went for a drive and I am in love!!! It is indeed much more money than I intended to spend and we do not have heavy snow like you guys in Canada, and although I like to go to the mountains it is not that often, and I will drive mostly from home to work (in the city) and 100-200km out of town on weekends. But I love it!!!!
I have to decide very soon if I should cancel the 2 that is coming. And I have to wait until November/December for CX3, which is way to long!
I need your support to become a CX3 owner ))
Great you have a choice. We will not get the new 2 in the U.S.
I prefer the looks of the CX and it has (or is available with) a stronger motor. But, it is much more expensive, uses more fuel, and is only marginally roomier.

You should hold out if you can and drive both before you decide.
If you can't wait, don't sweat it. There is no wrong choice between them as they are both the best in their respective classes.

Last edited by okhick; 08-04-2015 at 03:15 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-05-2015, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhick View Post
Great you have a choice. We will not get the new 2 in the U.S.
We in the US actually do get the Mazda2 but with a Scion iA badge. Weird seeing the Mazda2/CX-3 interior with Scion badges.
post #8 of 16 Old 08-05-2015, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Would the dealer not be open to simply switching the order? I'm sure they won't find too much difficulty moving the car afterwards! You're still giving them money, what should they care
post #9 of 16 Old 08-11-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
I ordered a Deep Crystal Blue Mica CX3 Maxx the other weekend, will be waiting until September though. It's the right size for my needs, the 2 is too small and the 3 just a bit too big.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-11-2015, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
We in the US actually do get the Mazda2 but with a Scion iA badge. Weird seeing the Mazda2/CX-3 interior with Scion badges.
No, the Scion is not JUST a rebadged 2. I could accept that , but besides rebadging, Scion saw fit to stick a catfish nose on it and eliminated any bright options for the interior, taking it out of consideration for me and probably thousands more. No wonder Scion sales keep slipping.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode