User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 07-25-2015, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
New CX-3 Owner in Edmonton

Happy new owner of a 2016 CX-3 GS!! I have had it for 2 days and I am excited that driving has become fun again. Not sure what else to say yet, but looking forward to seeing what other people do to theirs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STITCH 2.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	194   Click image for larger version

Name:	STITCH 1.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	202   Click image for larger version

Name:	STITCH 3.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	210  
Redbeast likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 07-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
It looks a beaut, rampant.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 32 Old 07-26-2015, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations! Several people are concerned about the center armrest. So here goes some dumb, but easy questions. What trim do you have? Do you have an armrest? Does it block one or both of the cupholders? Can you post a pic? Thx

post #4 of 32 Old 07-26-2015, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Anchorman! Azingale, In Canada the GS is the step above the GX so it has the Leatherette Materials with Cloth in the middle of the seats. I didn't see the value in spending more money on the features in the GT for myself. Sadly there is no arm rest in any of the 3 models available currently from what I understand. Every vehicle I have owned has had one so I am getting used to it. I will take some pics soon and put them up I will try to take as many as possible to give you a really good view.
post #5 of 32 Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
The arm rest will block the cup holders or at least make the forward on awkward to use. The console is back to front on the CX3 IMO and would be better with them at the front. Even if an owner doesn't bother with the arm rest, the arm doesn't comfortably return to the rear of the console. I can see bottles getting elbowed too!

It's not insurmountable but I just want a fiddle around first.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #6 of 32 Old 07-26-2015, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
We want cup holders forward where we can get at them. We want a comfortable armrest with ample storage beneath. We want a console shifter. Easy, The central toggle controller and the room it takes to operate it have to go. No thanks, I'll take the compromises, want the controller.
Look at what has happened to the central console in the CX-5. Its a much larger cabin with a pushbutton parking brake and still the console/armrest had to be shrunk. Designers are not magicians. 2 things cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

Redbeast likes this.

Last edited by okhick; 07-26-2015 at 05:41 PM.
post #7 of 32 Old 07-26-2015, 08:06 PM
Jay

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Congrats on getting your CX-3!

How do you like it so far? Any complaints?

Did you get a chance to drive vehicles from the competition before buying the CX-3?
post #8 of 32 Old 07-27-2015, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jay! To be honest with you I didn't drive any of the others. The design alone was what brought me to the dealership, and the test drive, Fit and Finish of the vehicle was what made me buy it. We also have a 2014 Rav 4, so I was happy having a smaller AWD vehicle as well. We don't need 2 larger SUV types.

I am by no way a driving authority however, the 2 days I have had my CX I have begun to really enjoy driving again. Hell I don't even mind sitting in traffic anymore haha.

The car has pep and I think it is very agile. When you are on a highway you can flip it to sport mode, that's when I really notice the car wanting to spazz out a bit and have fun (again, no driving authority) almost like a dog when you let it off the leash, it just wants to run! Cornering in it is very fun at a good speed as well. The seats are very comfortable and they hold my large frame very well. Winter is when I will get to enjoy the AWD.

The way the dash is laid out, everything is so easy to control. I know a lot of people are all hopped up over the lack of console, but I am starting to not really notice it not being there. It has a control dial (Similar to what BMW has) which lets you control the entire Mazda Connect System, I find I keep my hand close to that (maybe that is tricking my brain to not caring about the console). I also find without the console I am keeping less crap in the car.

The couple of small things that (are basically first world problems) are that with my phone and my Ipod I continually need to tell the system what each will do before I start driving, and with the Mazda Mobile Remote (Cell phone remote starter) I don't know why the car stops as soon as I open the door. I do hope they can remedy that before winter hits here.
post #9 of 32 Old 07-27-2015, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
We are in the same boat. We didn't need medium size or big SUV since we already have another one.
This is great as a second vehicule, I wouldn't take it as a main car.
post #10 of 32 Old 07-28-2015, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

I agree Redbeast, as a main car I would say only if I was single or with no family. The Rav4 is perfect us if we have a kid soon, The CX-3 is just a fun AWD machine that needs to be used in the rockies here in alberta
Redbeast likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode