2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jake Rully

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-14-2019, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Proud Owner

Greetings from soon to be very warm Northern Nevada.

I purchased my Crystal White Mica AWD CX-3 Touring a little less than a month ago.

I upgraded from a 2010 Toyota Corolla. I commute between Carson City NV, and Truckee CA every day for work, and was in need of a fuel efficient, AWD vehicle. The CX-3 fit the bill as I am not often taking on more than a front seat passenger. Surprise surprise... It's also actually pretty fun to drive, and while I have not owned many fun to drive cars, I have driven a wide range from a Yugo (Don't laugh... They are a real car!!) All the way up through a Porsches and Benz.

Last Mazda I owned was a late 80s 626 with 100k odd miles when I was in High School. It was a little tank... and great for a student.

This CX-3 however... Is the most fantastic car I have ever owned from a driving standpoint. Now granted... My bar is low. Most of my cars have been econ-o-boxes, and really utilitarian. Highlights included a 2009 Honda Fit, which was also a great car... but not as much fun to drive.

I know Mazdas have a good reputation for dependability, although not quite the level of Toyota, or Honda... but how many miles do you folks have on your CX-3s?

Mine was a CPO with full maintenance records etc. So I am not concerned it wasn't taken care of, and had only 30k on the dial when I bought it, so I am not concerned it's going to give up on me soon... but I commute a long distance... It's going to get a lot of miles put on it in a short period of time.

Also, let me reiterate... I freaking love this car. It's been a long time since I had a car that I really WANTED to get in, and drive, much less one I wanted to do so every morning and afternoon for an hour long commute. Perhaps that is new owners rose colored glasses... but usually the newness factor wears off for me after a week or so. This thing... Is just fun, and a joy to drive. I cannot believe more folks don't see it as such.
SlyCoopers and ghmpm like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-16-2019, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Congratulations on your CX purchase! They are spunky little cars and the AWD works flawlessly, just watch for ground clearance (low little beasts). We have had zero problems with our 2016 except for the BSM system which I care less about anyway. We usually get high 20's to 34 MPG on the highway. Commute on!

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode