• 1 Post By Scallywag355

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-13-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello from a very wet UK

Hello
I live in North Yorkshire (a very wet, cold, bleak North Yorkshire today) in the UK

I have only owned one Mazda before, when I was in the army in Oz, a much thumbed 323.But it never let me down and I drove all over the place in that
However I bought a CX3 on little more than a whim last August
Do I regret it, not really? Itís an ideal town car, not too sure about doing any distance in it (too light and noisy maybe): but itíll do as a nippy four door runabout.
As itís a small car I do intend to add a tow-bar; but on its predecessor (Merc CLK) there was a switch on the dash to turn off the rear proximity warning buzzer when towing with that

There isnít such a switch on the CX3; do I assume that they are silenced by the trailer electrical lead being connected to the socket? The dealership doesnít know, but that seems an obvious solution.
So is there anybody out there with a Mazda detachable hitch fitted, who can put my mind at rest?

All the very best to all
Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-13-2018, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum Scallywag (Richard) and congratulations on your purchase of the CX-3 last year. I think I've read in this forum that the Mazda UK trailer harness does link up with the parking sensors so that when it is active it turns off the parking sensors. I'm very surprised a Mazda UK dealer Spares department can't answer your query.

Can I suggest you post a new topic with a title such as "Tow bar harness - how does it work with the parking sensors?" That way it will hopefully be seen by another forum member who has had one fitted to their CX-3 and can give you a definitive answer.

You might want to add your car details to your user signature and an approximate location to your user details. This will help other members when answering any future queries your raise.

p.s. Hope it stops raining there soon! I'm certain it's a great county to drive in on a lovely dry sunny summer's day.
Scallywag355 likes this.

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options

Last edited by st3v3cx-3; 02-13-2018 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Remove link to wrong forum and reference to wrong forum area
post #3 of 3 Old 02-13-2018, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ha, so glad that you mentioned "a dry sunny day" in the singular
It is indeed a super county to live in, but the rain is the price we pay for a "green & pleasant land" in them there dales (my other car, when it on the road is a MGB Roadster and I'm also heavily into motorbikes, so a real glutton for punishment)

In the defence of my local dealership, the guy I spoke to runs the spares department. He is very pleasant and keen: but also very young, and isn't a spanner man.
Although I foresee no problem I will post a query under the suggested heading: so saying i may in all probability order it tomorrow (I could buy one and do it myself, but the quoted price is fair enough) so the question may be answered within the next 24 hours

I look forward to much advice, as I may keep this car for a few years

Once again thanks a lot for the reply
Richard
st3v3cx-3 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode