User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-19-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Easy foging glass from interior

Hi , did anyone noticed how easy and often the windows and windscreen of the cx3 fogging up easily please ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-19-2017, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Yes they do fog up quickly under certain conditions. If you have the recirculating setting on instead of the fresh air setting it will happen - or I found in another situation the intake vents were blocked by snow and the windows fogged very badly. The best thing to do is to forget the auto climate controls, just go straight to the de-fogger setting. This will cause the air conditioner to become active to dry the air before it gets to the windshield. Then turn up the air flow control to max and the windows should become clear quickly.

I had a Subaru Forester before the CX3 and it was far worse. If I didn't have the de-fogs on full blast in icy conditions, it would be impossible to see out in a big hurry.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-20-2017, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes in fact for some reason I always drive with the recirculating button on , next time I will go for a drive I will turn it off. I think that is the major problem because here in Malta the temperature is about 10 degrees so no ice problems .

post #4 of 7 Old 12-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
This may or may not be related to your issue but I thought I'd throw it out there...

One thing I've noticed in all my cars is that, after a certain period of time, residue builds up on the glass. This residue is invisible and condenses water out of the air much more readily than when the glass is clean. The result is that the glass fogs up unless I constantly have the AC running.

I find myself cleaning the inside of the windshield every couple of months regardless of whether or not it is visibly dirty. I used to use Windex but now worship at the altar of "Invisible Glass". Also, I prefer using a non-terry microfiber towel (like this one). I find that all of the microfiber terry cloths leave tiny fibers behind that are only visible with the light at a certain angle.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yes in fact for some reason I always drive with the recirculating button on , next time I will go for a drive I will turn it off. I think that is the major problem because here in Malta the temperature is about 10 degrees so no ice problems .
The record is a major part of your problem but you may need to up the fan speed a bit and you definitely need to keep a clean cabin filter.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #6 of 7 Old 12-26-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi , yesterday I confirmed that the fogging problem was that I was using the recirculating button on . I went for a drive and was 5 persons in the Mazda and no fogging at all with the recerculating button off . Thanks and Happy New Year ��
post #7 of 7 Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
The record is a major part of your problem but you may need to up the fan speed a bit and you definitely need to keep a clean cabin filter.
Thanks spell checker for converting recirc into record!

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode