User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-07-2016, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Greetings from NYC!

Hi All! Just picked up a '16 CX-3 Touring a couple of weeks ago. So far, I'm loving it! Already started modding the car. Being that it is a "Subcompact SUV", I'm trying to make it somewhat "off-road" capable. Let me know what you guys think.

The day after I got it. Already got the Roof Rack and cargo basket on

Picked up these set of fog/flood lights from Amazon with mounting bracket. They are pretty bright.

Got these wheels to fit. Man, they were a pain in the ass! I had to run spacers on top of zero offset wheels to clear the brake calipers. Hence, the super poke of the rims. But I really like the way they look.

Pic of the fog/flood lights and HIDs. The OEM projectors actually work really well with just a plug-n-play HID kit. The cutoff is really good.
anchorman, drs88, Levi3xt and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-08-2016, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum mht. I sure like your wheels. Now if you could just add NYC to your profile it would be so helpful in any further posts you add. (Thanks) :-))

You only have the right of way if the other driver gives it to you
post #3 of 15 Old 10-08-2016, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, that looks great! I love the weekend warrior look. Make sure to post pics when taking it out on an adventure.

I've been trying to find a 1"-2" lift kit, but there isn't one out there. Looks like I'll have to make my own.

post #4 of 15 Old 10-08-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDesmo View Post
Wow, that looks great! I love the weekend warrior look. Make sure to post pics when taking it out on an adventure.

I've been trying to find a 1"-2" lift kit, but there isn't one out there. Looks like I'll have to make my own.
Thanks man! Yea, a lift kit would definitely help! I actually just put on All Terrain tires. They are 215/70/16s and I'm rubbing in the fronts on the fender liners. Let me know if you figured out a way to make a lift kit. I would definitely be interested in one as well.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-08-2016, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
What wheel and tire manufacturer / models are these?

From what I can research on the web (where everything must be true) you can just cut out a piece of heavy duty HDPE type plastic in the proper shape place it at the top of the rear coil and front strut. Then get it re-aligned. For a 1" lift it would probably be doable without any other changes to the shock/strut or suspension and should still be within the acceptable limits for adjusting the alignment.

I know there are lots of folks looking at these as a cool hot hatchback, and lowering kits are available. But I want it to be a cool hot mini-SUV and do mini-SUV stuff.

Last edited by NCDesmo; 10-08-2016 at 11:16 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-08-2016, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

The wheels are Black Rock Type 8s 16x7 with 0 offset. They would not clear my brake calipers so I had to run spacers 20mm in the fronts and 25mm in the back. Had to cut down the studs in the fronts to be able to fit the 20mm spacers. The tires are Anteras SMT A7, A/Ts in 215/70/16s. Will post up pics when I got a chance to take them. Let me know if you could research more into the lift kit and able to make one. I would definitely be interested. And yes, I wanted to make the Cx-3 somewhat "off-road" capable cause it is a mini-SUV with AWD.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-11-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

I finally got these All Terrain tires to fit on the CX-3. They were a pain the ass! I had to trim some of the fender liners to stop the rubbing. I wish they made lift kits for our cars already. I was rubbing from turn to turn with these tires.

Zoom! Zoom!
post #8 of 15 Old 10-12-2016, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
That is one unique cx-3 you have...I like it.

Stock is boring
post #9 of 15 Old 10-12-2016, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Looks awesome!

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
post #10 of 15 Old 10-13-2016, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
Wow I really like your wheels/tires! Looks very offroady lol. If you could lift it an inch or so it would be perfect.

If I were to mod my CX-3, this is definitely the way I'd go, make it more offroad capable. No offense to anyone here, but I don't see the point of lowering the CX-3 and making it look more like a street performance car (even though some may look nice).

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode