User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-21-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Waz from Oz

Howdy waz from Sydney I ordered my CX 3 today originally went to dealer to buy CX5 but wifey saw CX3 and we asked for a drive and she luved it.

CX3 Stouring FWD Auto Petrol Dynamic Blue hopefully I will have it before the weekend.

I agonised over AWD and diesel but in the end we mainly will use the car in metro area with some weekend trips. CX3 was perfect size for my wife and our kids have their own cars so back seat space isnt an issue and yes it is pretty squeezy in there.

This car can really look different depending on the color I really liked the white red and dynamic blue with the black exterior trim, I wasnt as impressed with the darker colors.

In Sydney not much movement in RRP due to low stocks I wasnt able to negotiate much of a discount but did manage to get mats, flaps, wind visiors, cargo mat and slim number plates thrown in.

Depending on Models & color most available in Sydney either in stock or by end of April.

I'll post more once we have it drive it up to bathurst and take some photos on the track...

Cheers

Wazza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-21-2015, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrats. PLEASE give us your driving impressions. Thanks
post #3 of 11 Old 04-21-2015, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum!

post #4 of 11 Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Looking forward to hearing your driving reviews and seeing some pictures. Glad that you are taking it to the track too. That'll be fun, even though its not really a "driver's car".

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 11 Old 04-22-2015, 09:37 PM

that's what will make this even sweeter, seeing how well a vehicle not built for that purpose can do on a track, for all we know it could turn out to be a lot of fun for the type of vehicle it is.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-23-2015, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXIII View Post
that's what will make this even sweeter, seeing how well a vehicle not built for that purpose can do on a track, for all we know it could turn out to be a lot of fun for the type of vehicle it is.
That would be a pleasant surprise. I'm not holding my breath though. At the least I'm just hoping that it is fun to drive and not under powered.

Maybe in the future they will offer a more powerful engine option. I would be super hyped about that.
CXIII likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-24-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volta View Post
That would be a pleasant surprise. I'm not holding my breath though. At the least I'm just hoping that it is fun to drive and not under powered.

Maybe in the future they will offer a more powerful engine option. I would be super hyped about that.
Being a small Mazda like this, the chances of it being fun to drive and not feeling under powered should be minimal. I wouldn't worry too much. If this was a honda... there'd be more concern
post #8 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Picked up my CX3 today and went for my first drive. I really luv the dynamic blue with the back trim and black wheels this car looks good!

I played around with the Mazda connect system, my phone and my wifes phone connected first time, played music, used the voice activation to make calls and to ask for navigation to set location i.e. home.

The MZD system has the best usability I have come across and I know a bit in this area as I design IT Self Service web portals. Keyless start with auto lights easy to adjust speedo heads up display, Im impressed and I havent even pressed the start button...

I drove to the Royal National Park on the outskirts of Sydney a very hilly and twisty road it was 8pm no traffic time for some fun. I was thinking I'll stick it in sport but I was enjoying myself and concentrating on all those blind hairpins I didnt even think about the sport setting.

My impressions were how well it sat on the road and how well weighted the steering felt if felt like I was driving a hatchback not a compact SUV, the power from the 2.0 ltr and the auto 6 speed handle the hills effortlessly it didnt feel like it was hunting for a gear like some auto's can, on the hairpins it wanted me to push it a little more.

The headlights are amazing my wife kept asking why I had high beam on so when I did flick it on wow good lights.

I found it really easy to make adjustments to my music whilst driving didnt have to take my hands off the wheel, all the controls are within easy reach the dash well lit at night everything is nice and clear without being over the top.

This is a really well balance package and to me drove more like a small hatch than some small hatches Ive driven. There was some road noise but we are on low profile tyres with 18" wheels and anyway I like my music loud.

Im a heavier guy 5, 10 I found the seats supportive with just enough cushioning to hold me in place during the twisty bits.

So my first impressions were I was pleasantly surprised by the handling, the 2.0 petrol definitely has the zoom zoom, I think the balance of power/torque with the handling ability are a great match it doesn't feel underpowered in any way and if anything I would say it had a sporty feel.

I travelled 60km approx over very twisty and hilly roads my fuel avg 9.5 per 100 for this trip and I was very heavy footed.

Luv this car

Cheers

Waz
darvetis and MN-CX3 like this.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks Waz, great review.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Thanks Waz for a very informative review. Please keep us informed as the miles accumulate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode