Technical Service Bulletins.. - Page 2 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 02-20-2019, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just got back from my scheduled oil change appointment and thought I'd give an update regarding the A/C issue.

Before I got a chance to ask them about it, they told me about the issue and the improved part, and offered to replace it right then while I was in for my oil change. It only took an extra hour or so to get it done. Initially Mazda issued a "TSB", but apparently that was upgraded to an "MSP" (MSP50 for this particular issue). I had never heard of an MSP, so here's the explanation of the various levels of repair programs...

TSB (Technical Service Bulletin): Really just a notice for technicians so they are aware of a possible problem, and lets them know about diagnosis/repair procedures or upgraded parts. These problems are not safety related and usually only affect some unlucky owners. These issues are only repaired under warranty if your car actually has the problem.

MSP (Mazda Service Program): This is a step up from a TSB. This is when a non-safety-related defect is found that is much more widespread. In the case of an MSP, all owners will have their cars repaired under warranty even if they are not currently experiencing the problem (as it was in my case). As these are not safety related issues so there is no urgency to make the repairs, so he said they normally just fix the issue the next time you're in for service, as they did with me.

Recall: Recalls are reserved for major issues that could cause safety concerns, and fixing them is urgent since they may result in injury. When recalls are issued they are obligated to contact owners and make repairs under warranty ASAP.

PS... the original TSB said it was an evaporator issue, but my repair sheet says "A/C Condenser Replacement". I dunno...
SlyCoopers and ghmpm like this.

CURRENT MAZDAS2016 CX-3 GT - Soul Red / Pure White - 6 speed automatic • 1990 Miata - Mariner Blue - 5 speed manual - collector plates • 2003 B-4000 - 5 speed manual
PREVIOUS MAZDAS2003 Protegé5 Special Edition - 5 speed manual • 1991 Miata - Classic Red - 5 speed manual • 1986 B-2000 - 5 speed manual • 1985 626 - 5 speed manual • 1970 1000 - 2 speed automatic - my 1st car!

Last edited by Mariner; 02-20-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 02-21-2019, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Can confirm my repair sheet said the same thing.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #13 of 14 Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm at 69k Miles with my 2016 and my AC stopped blowing cold. Took it to a shop and added dye. Sure enough my condenser is leaking, bought new condenser on amazon for $115 still haven't installed it.

2016 Mazda CX3 AWD Touring
2016 Mazda CX5 AWD GT

post #14 of 14 Old 05-23-2019, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, if there is an MSP on the condenser, but I'm out of warranty, I have to pay for the damned thing, right? Or is Mazda picking up the cost for anyone who comes in with the issue?

Update- I just called Mazda, and they say there is no MSP on the condenser. So yeah, I'm out of luck.

Last edited by Bob Weiner; 05-23-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode