User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-19-2014, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Mazda Canada is Offering an Unlimited Mileage Warranty

Future Mazda customers who live in Canada should be excited about this. Mazda Canada has announced that all 2015 model year vehicles will come with an unlimited mileage warranty. That means new owners will be able to drive as much as they want to with no worry about losing their warranty.

The unlimited mileage warranty will become the standard factory warranty in 2015. The warranty covers 1 year of service adjustments, all defective parts for three years, new vehicle coverage for three years, powertrain coverage for five, body corrosion for seven, and three years of roadside assistance.

Just another reason to buy a Mazda.

http://news.boldride.com/2014/11/maz...9ce1-338708021
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
well you're still restricted by calender days. This is more marketing than relevance, is this announcement likely to induce people to drive more because they can, no. the Majorty of manuacturers warranties expire at the end of calender limit not mileage limit, most people simply don't drive enough.

Great press though
post #3 of 20 Old 11-27-2014, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mazda Canada requires an oil change every 3 month regardless of mileage. Doing it for 5 years is not something I am looking forward to. With my last 2 Mazdas, as soon as the warranty is over, I switch to 6 month/7500 km, always synthetic, and both of them got to 200,000 km without ever burning any oil.

post #4 of 20 Old 11-28-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMartin View Post
Mazda Canada requires an oil change every 3 month regardless of mileage. Doing it for 5 years is not something I am looking forward to. With my last 2 Mazdas, as soon as the warranty is over, I switch to 6 month/7500 km, always synthetic, and both of them got to 200,000 km without ever burning any oil.
Why is that though, it seems superfluous? Unless Mazda is offering free oil changes its simply a cash grab to pull consumption forward....
post #5 of 20 Old 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Yea most people aren't going to go over the mileage limit, but now if you do want to take your CX-3 on a few cross country road trips, you have that option. Most people won't use it, but there are a few that will, and the piece of mind that you can drive as much as you want is nice. Mainly marketing though.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-19-2014, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Great to have for that peace of mind.
post #7 of 20 Old 12-22-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Yea most people aren't going to go over the mileage limit, but now if you do want to take your CX-3 on a few cross country road trips, you have that option. Most people won't use it, but there are a few that will, and the piece of mind that you can drive as much as you want is nice. Mainly marketing though.
you never didn't have the option to go cross country... If you're not driving your car because of mileage concersn (on a new car) why exactly do you have a car in the first place?
post #8 of 20 Old 12-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanban View Post
you never didn't have the option to go cross country... If you're not driving your car because of mileage concersn (on a new car) why exactly do you have a car in the first place?
I was just saying that it is nice to not have to exceed your warranty if you go on a few long trips. I don't see what your issue is.
post #9 of 20 Old 12-23-2014, 08:01 PM
TnT

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanban View Post
Because garage queen
post #10 of 20 Old 12-27-2014, 02:43 PM

I'm sure that there is a small group of owners for which this unlimited mileage thing would be right up their alley. It's not something that every company offers. I'm thinking people who have to drive long distances for work or something like that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode