New York Auto Show - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-05-2015, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
New York Auto Show

Went yesterday, saw two CX-3, but they were in a rotating platform and not accessible, one had its doors open so you could peek inside. Attached are pictures but nothing that is really better compared with what's available online already
couldn't get much info from the reps, at least nothing that I had not learn here, no pricing, no MPG etc.
I was not a big fan of the big front before, but seing the car in person really impressed me, beautiful design
I also saw the HR-V, the 500x, Renegade, XV crosstrek hybrid, which are all on my maybe list, but so far if we look at Australia's specs it seems that the HR-V will be cheaper and with better MPG (although less powerful and prob less fun to drive) so to this date the HR-V is winning on my list
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cx-3-front.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	73   Click image for larger version

Name:	cx-3-frontdoor2.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	81  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-06-2015, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoleman View Post
Went yesterday, saw two CX-3, but they were in a rotating platform and not accessible, one had its doors open so you could peek inside. Attached are pictures but nothing that is really better compared with what's available online already
couldn't get much info from the reps, at least nothing that I had not learn here, no pricing, no MPG etc.
I was not a big fan of the big front before, but seing the car in person really impressed me, beautiful design
I also saw the HR-V, the 500x, Renegade, XV crosstrek hybrid, which are all on my maybe list, but so far if we look at Australia's specs it seems that the HR-V will be cheaper and with better MPG (although less powerful and prob less fun to drive) so to this date the HR-V is winning on my list
HR-V will have a CVT transmission which is belt driven and will require replacement ($$$). CX-3 will have a normal 6 speed. You may want to factor that into your decision.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-06-2015, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topol View Post
HR-V will have a CVT transmission which is belt driven and will require replacement ($$$). CX-3 will have a normal 6 speed. You may want to factor that into your decision.

A Google search indicates numerous people have had zero problems with their Honda CVT, even after 250,000 miles...

post #4 of 10 Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The HR-V comes with a six speed OR CVT.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-07-2015, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I should qualify my last - the HR-V is available with a 6 speed only in FWD.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darvetis View Post
A Google search indicates numerous people have had zero problems with their Honda CVT, even after 250,000 miles...
Here is one fella with 50,000 miles with CVT on a 2015 Fit just over 9 months of ownership. No issues.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-g...-2015-fit.html
post #7 of 10 Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Thanks for posting these pictures. The one of the interior is great as it shows how well the two tone blends together, i'm a fan

post #8 of 10 Old 04-14-2015, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Oh this one is a left hand drive so it is different from the one that I saw at the Toronto auto show. Maybe that means it is also more accurate in terms of the model being for North America instead of some other region.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-15-2015, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Oh this one is a left hand drive so it is different from the one that I saw at the Toronto auto show. Maybe that means it is also more accurate in terms of the model being for North America instead of some other region.
Exactly how is it different?
What did you notice different from what you seen in Toronto compared to what you've seen of left hand drive north american models online?
post #10 of 10 Old 04-15-2015, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Well I'm not exactly sure since I haven't compared them side by side or anything, but I just know that the one in Toronto was right hand drive. It could be that is the only difference or it could be that there are some more subtle differences.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode