User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-15-2019, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello fellow CX-3 owners!

I have owned my 2017 CX-3 Touring for 8 months now and I am pretty much done with all or nearly all the mods I wanted to do with this beauty. It took time waiting for winter to pass so I could complete some of these projects but in the end, I am very pleased with the outcome. This weekend I applied wax coat #2 of 3 for the year aside from my typical detailing. I hope you guys enjoy them and feel free to ask me any questions!

My mods from the ground up include:
1. 18 x 8 Konig Oversteer rims + Gorilla acorn Black lug nuts
2. G2 Painted Calipers - Red
3. Front Lip Splitter - Red
4. Avery wrapped Grille bezel and Emblem (from Chrome to White).
5. Painted Rear Emblem + Badge Lettering - Satin Black + Satin Red
6. Windows tinted to 45%
7. Installed Crossbars, Rails, and Thule Kayak fold-able rack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mazda CX-3 .jpg
Views:	168
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	22403   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0444.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	22405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0467.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	22409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0443.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	22411   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_182216[91].jpg
Views:	155
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	22413  

2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring AWD
"You can't buy happiness but you can buy cars....and that's kind of the same thing."

Last edited by CamberedGiraffe; 07-17-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-17-2019, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberedGiraffe View Post
Hello fellow CX-3 owners!

I have owned my 2017 CX-3 Touring for 8 months now and I am pretty much done with all or nearly all the mods I wanted to do with this beauty. It took time waiting for winter to pass so I could complete some of these projects but in the end, I am very pleased with the outcome. This weekend I applied wax coat #2 of 3 for the year aside from my typical detailing. I hope you guys enjoy them and feel free to ask me any questions!

My mods from the ground up include:
1. 18 x 8 Konig Oversteer rims + Gorilla acorn Black lug nuts
2. G2 Painted Calipers - Red
3. Front Lip Splitter - Red
4. Wrapped Grille bezel and Emblem (from Chrome to White).
5. Painted Rear Emblem + Badge Lettering - Satin Black + Satin Red
6. Windows tinted to 45%
7. Installed Crossbars, Rails, and Thule Kayak fold-able rack.
Looks fantastic! I do have a couple of questions...

Wheel bs/offset? Tires and size? Is the lip splitter a wrap, paint, or slip on cover (and if it's the latter, where'd you get it)?

Thanks!
post #3 of 13 Old 07-17-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Looks fantastic! I do have a couple of questions...

Wheel bs/offset? Tires and size? Is the lip splitter a wrap, paint, or slip on cover (and if it's the latter, where'd you get it)?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey WebDevDan,

The offset is +45mm and the backspacing is 6.27"

I'm currently running the OEM Yokohama Avid's which are 215/50/18. They are recommended for up to 7.5" wide so the tires stretch such the slightest amount that its unnoticeable. I will be purchasing wider tires in the Fall.

The Lip Splitter is a 2 piece painted plastic cover that slides onto the middle trim along the bumper and held by 3M tape. I believe i purchased it from Amazon (shipping from Malaysia) but you will have to purchase a vanity bracket because for some odd reason it does not cover the whole section. Also if you do purchase it, make sure you get the one long enough to reach the US license plate bracket (if you live in the US). European and asian countries have the longer/skinnier plates, so there are lip splitter trim pieces on the market for them as well. I will send you the link to it in a PM

"You can't buy happiness but you can buy cars....and that's kind of the same thing."

post #4 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting look with the wrapped chrome grill. I also have the red plastic splitter, surprised to see more people don't use them, I think they add such a nice look while remaining farily OEM. Very nice look.

To add to the previous post. I got mine off AliExpress for I believe $17 USD free shipping. I also accidentally got the smaller ones for the european models for like $13 USD.

2018 CX-3 Sport AWD Snowflake White
post #5 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Looks great! I have to say I've not heard of a lip splitter until now, I'll have to check them out. Have you thought about doing anything with your fog light blanks? I blacked mine out with Plasti-dip spray last year to get rid of the lone grey patch on the car.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokers Rule View Post
Looks great! I have to say I've not heard of a lip splitter until now, I'll have to check them out. Have you thought about doing anything with your fog light blanks? I blacked mine out with Plasti-dip spray last year to get rid of the lone grey patch on the car.
im not sure id call it an actual 'lip splitter' since its doing nothing an actual splitter would be doing in terms of aerodynamics but its a nice piece of trim covering which honestly would look better coming from the factory instead of that awkward corner chrome piece on the lower black plastic sides of the bumper thats on the newer models. For some strange reason the red trim piece is harder to find than the chrome ones but like op said it definitly requires a front plate since its not a full piece :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crt.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	22425  

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #7 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunkinY View Post
Interesting look with the wrapped chrome grill. I also have the red plastic splitter, surprised to see more people don't use them, I think they add such a nice look while remaining farily OEM. Very nice look.

To add to the previous post. I got mine off AliExpress for I believe $17 USD free shipping. I also accidentally got the smaller ones for the european models for like $13 USD.
Thanks McDunkinY.

Oh cool! and yes I'm surprised as well. I couldn't find any pictures of people with them online while purchasing it so I really had no idea what to expect. But you are right, it gives it a nice touch.

post #8 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokers Rule View Post
Thanks Stokers Rule!

I have actually, I thought about doing the same thing with mine but with a gloss black Avery wrap. I don't get why Mazda chose grey. Any pictures?

post #9 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
im not sure id call it an actual 'lip splitter' since its doing nothing an actual splitter would be doing in terms of aerodynamics but its a nice piece of trim covering which honestly would look better coming from the factory instead of that awkward corner chrome piece on the lower black plastic sides of the bumper thats on the newer models. For some strange reason the red trim piece is harder to find than the chrome ones but like op said it definitly requires a front plate since its not a full piece :/
Right. I wasn't sure what else to call it. Is there a reason they made it 2 separate pieces without covering the whole sections? Sly I really like your fog light add-ons. Do you have any pictures of them and what you did to attach them?

post #10 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberedGiraffe View Post
Right. I wasn't sure what else to call it. Is there a reason they made it 2 separate pieces without covering the whole sections? Sly I really like your fog light add-ons. Do you have any pictures of them and what you did to attach them?
Who knows haha random chinese trim covering is usually 50/50 on fitment in the first place so at least they got it to fit this far.

I actually made a project thread on the lights/bar a month ago for future modders to find through in the archives years later. Its actually a subaru part which with a little work fits better on this car than the subaru it was intended for lol.
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/appea...ar-lights.html
Note: its definitly one of the more extreme diy modifications which take a bit of time and requires certain tools but definitly a unique and one-ish of a kind addition for the cx-3

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 07-19-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode