• 1 Post By Annie G

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Red face New CX3 Fan

Hello there!
I am new to Mazda. I was totally in love with my Honda Element for almost 15 years until she was mortally wounded in a highway accident in April (luckily my husband and I were fine). Unable to replace that car, I read about current small SUVs and came upon the cute little CX3. Once I drove one, I was smitten. We enjoy this car's spunk.
DTRAIN619 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 CX3 Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-19-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie G View Post
Hello there!
I am new to Mazda. I was totally in love with my Honda Element for almost 15 years until she was mortally wounded in a highway accident in April (luckily my husband and I were fine). Unable to replace that car, I read about current small SUVs and came upon the cute little CX3. Once I drove one, I was smitten. We enjoy this car's spunk.
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I too recently purchased a 2019 CX3...I was actually leaning towards the new 3 sedan with AWD but I got out-voted by the family into getting the CX3! I did cross shop it with the Kona, CHR, HRV and Crosstrek but CX3 came on top due driving/handling, AWD, safety tech and deal we got from dealership. Overall happy with the purchase! Did you cross shop others too?
post #3 of 4 Old 10-19-2019, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekbis View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I too recently purchased a 2019 CX3...I was actually leaning towards the new 3 sedan with AWD but I got out-voted by the family into getting the CX3! I did cross shop it with the Kona, CHR, HRV and Crosstrek but CX3 came on top due driving/handling, AWD, safety tech and deal we got from dealership. Overall happy with the purchase! Did you cross shop others too?
Thanks!
I looked online for reviews and pricing of used Crosstreks, HRVs and CX-3s. I didn't want to spend the money on a Crosstrek, so eliminated that one. I drove an HRV and CX-3. The HRV was 'fine', but the CX-3 was FUN! I found a 2017 one for a good price, so we bought it. Also, I like that the 2017 has 18" wheels while the 2016 have smaller ones.
What color is yours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2017 CX3 Touring

post #4 of 4 Old 10-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie G View Post
Thanks!
I looked online for reviews and pricing of used Crosstreks, HRVs and CX-3s. I didn't want to spend the money on a Crosstrek, so eliminated that one. I drove an HRV and CX-3. The HRV was 'fine', but the CX-3 was FUN! I found a 2017 one for a good price, so we bought it. Also, I like that the 2017 has 18" wheels while the 2016 have smaller ones.
What color is yours?
Yeah same here..crossed off the Crosstrek as Subarus are expensive here in Cda and won’t give out deals since they’re popular! Besides I don’t like CVTs so eliminated the HRV and CHR as well so was left with the CX3 that has the 6-spd auto. I leased a brand new one (2019) GS trim with the luxury pkg & I-active safety pkg in snowflake pearl white. I preferred the GS (I think in US they call it the Touring trim) due to 16” wheels as I found the 18‘s to be too firm and not enough tire side wall (roads are bad in my area). The other reason we went with the CX3 was our experience owning another Mazda (CX9) so quite familiar with ride/handling and reliability. We got a good deal on the CX3 (0% rate and $2400 off MSRP)!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode