User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-14-2019, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from NZ

Hi,

I purchased a "mid-trim" 2019 Mazda CX-3 in Ceramic Metallic. (Here in NZ (New Zealand) the trim level is called "GSX with Leather")

It has a full leather interior with heated front seats with electric adjustment on the drivers seat (with two memory settings) & many of the iActiv safety features.

Accessories I have added are the Rear Cargo Tray & Magnetic Rear Window Shades.

The first thing I did was take it straight from the Dealer to a Professional Car Detailer I use. I got them to perform a "paint correction & apply a good quality sealant & wax. I also got them to apply a "gloss" Paint Protection Film over the "shiny piano black" Door trims, as I know from experience anything in that type of finish is easily prone to micro-scratching if care is not taken when cleaning.

So far I am pretty happy overall. My only minor gripe is a slight resonance from the dash (somewhere underneath) on "rough chip" sealed road (the street I live in) when the interior is cold; seems to be fine on smooth seal & when car interior is warm. I am not too concerned about doing anything about it at this stage, and I don't really want to let a Dealer go pulling out interior trim.

I would possibly be interested though to know what is involved in removing the instrument binnacle & dash top if I wanted to look at it sometime.

I have read through most posts on interior trim rattles/noises.

I can see there is a wealth of helpful information on the forum. Thank you to those who have posted.

This is only my second Mazda. I had a Red 1973 Mazda RX3 Coupe with a 10A engine, which I bought in 1984 when I was 17 years old. It was my first car. LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0610.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	22401  

Last edited by G'Diggity; 07-14-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode