Hi from New York! - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi from New York!

A little over a month ago, I bought a 2016 CX-3. I want to figure out a way to get more console space, as that is my only issue! Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-05-2019, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
When I had my 2017 CX-3, cabin storage space, especially in the console area, was one of my few gripes (tiny gas tank was the other). If I kept the car, I was planning on purchasing the Europe-model center armrest, which has a built-in storage area inside. I had a similar issue a number of years back when I had a Honda CR-V. I swapped out the captain's-chair-like armrest for a console swing-down armrest similar to the one I will add the link for. It looks pretty decently made, will add storage (though not alot) to the center console area, and is a Mazda part (though USA Mazda dealers do not have it listed in their parts inventory). As far as installation goes, it kinda depends how handy (and confident) you are about disassembling part of your car interior. Just for ha-ha's, I did ask a couple of Mazda dealers (service writers) what they would charge to swap armrests, and each quoted one-hour labor. Anyway, just my two-cents here. I don't know if this even addresses your question, and my apologies for the rambling-on. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28176162978...AIT&rmvSB=true

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode