Hello and a question - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello and a question

Hello! I just joined here but have had my CX3 for 3 years in Feb. I love my little car however have been having an issue for the last few weeks so sought out help on the google and found this forum.

The battery in my fob died, which is not a big deal but I started using the backup until I could figure it out. Last week my car started acting strange. My husband starts it for me in the morning when he leaves and I am about 3 minutes behind him. My phone does not connect when we do this so I cut it off, and for some reason it would not cut back on! so I sat there and kept trying until it finally started. This morning it did the same thing - but took allot longer for me to get it working, I have no idea what could be wrong - could all this be from the fob batteries being old? Also the engine and key light flash on the screen this whole time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-31-2019, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Welcome!
Im trying to picture your situation but am having a little trouble visualizing it based on the info provided. Do you have a remote starter or are you/husband starting it by physically going inside and pressing the on button? If you are manually pushing the button to turn it on the battery in the fob could be weak and sometimes gets read and sometimes does not. There is a protocol for starting the car with a dead keyfob - you push the end of it of the keyfob into the "on button" on the car and the nfc chip in it will start it. Its a safety mechanism for that maybe once in a lifetime scenario when your keyfob runs out of juice when you are not home and arent able to start the car like you normally would.

If it always turns on when using the keyfob-to-button method then its a battery issue.

If you have a remote starter whether oem or after market then the installer would have to trouble shoot that unfortunatly since any remote starter is technically an aftermarket wiring job in the car even if done by the dealer.

The phone thing I would need a little more detail on before I can comment on it but I hope this info has helped in the meantime.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode