2Likes
  • 2 Post By misstdiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
New here

Hello. I just wanted to say hi. I’m a new owner of the Mazda cx3 touring. Now I’m trying to learn more about my vehicle which brought me here.
I just learned I can’t lock my car doors while trying to warm up my car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

When you say you can't lock your doors, is it because you're taking the smart key with you? How about leaving one in the car and using the spare?

Clint
2019 Mazda CX-3 GT / FWD / Snowflake White Pearl (US-Spec) / 2.0L gasoline
post #3 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Welcome! Tis the season for not wanting to sit in a cold car while it warms up haha. Before I had a remote starter installed I came across the same problem. Probably the safest solution without leaving your car unlocked while it warms up (there is no killswitch if someone gets in and drives away) is to lock it from the outside with the physical key that detaches from the fob, its the same function as if you were inside the car and locked the door. Its an extra step but better than risk someone possible getting in and/or driving away.

If you do decide on a remote starter, you can check out a local reputable shop to get it installed. If you go to a dealer they will subcontract the job out to a local 3rd party shop and charge you more to make up the profit margin between original shop price vs price you pay.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 12-24-2018 at 04:14 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 12-26-2018, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad to have a chat with you here. I"m also a newbie.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-27-2018, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGATiZE View Post
Welcome to the forum!

When you say you can't lock your doors, is it because you're taking the smart key with you? How about leaving one in the car and using the spare?
yes that is what I meant but I did use the key and locked it and used it to get back in. I’m getting remote start installed very soon tho. Woot woot. Gets mighty cold here in Chicagoland.
SlyCoopers and NEGATiZE like this.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-27-2018, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Welcome! Tis the season for not wanting to sit in a cold car while it warms up haha. Before I had a remote starter installed I came across the same problem. Probably the safest solution without leaving your car unlocked while it warms up (there is no killswitch if someone gets in and drives away) is to lock it from the outside with the physical key that detaches from the fob, its the same function as if you were inside the car and locked the door. Its an extra step but better than risk someone possible getting in and/or driving away.

If you do decide on a remote starter, you can check out a local reputable shop to get it installed. If you go to a dealer they will subcontract the job out to a local 3rd party shop and charge you more to make up the profit margin between original shop price vs price you pay.
wish I knew that about them subcontracting out. They told me I’d void my warranty by having my remote start done on my own, darn them. Sigh 😔 too late now. Yep I’m just a little gullible. 😞

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode