1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-25-2018, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Greetings From a New Member

Bonjour!

Proud owner of a 2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring here! Wanting to say hello to the moderator's and users who own the same vehicle as me. I am hoping to gain some help/help anyone with their vehicle needs. I previously owned a 2010 Chevrolet HHR LT for 3 years before purchasing my CX-3, what a big difference!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CX3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	21863  

2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring AWD
"You can't buy happiness but you can buy cars....and that's kind of the same thing."

Last edited by CamberedGiraffe; 11-25-2018 at 04:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-25-2018, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Welcome! I am always envious of people who can take decent pictures of cars including good angles seeing as I fail at doing both anytime I try haha

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #3 of 13 Old 11-25-2018, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks SlyCoopers. Haha that's funny. I'm sure I will be posting lots of pictures on here. I have some plans for my car already. I just got my windows tinted to 45% and will be mounting a set of Konig Oversteer's in Opal finish. Any mods to your CX-3 that you have done? Trying to find some ideas.
SlyCoopers likes this.

"You can't buy happiness but you can buy cars....and that's kind of the same thing."

post #4 of 13 Old 11-25-2018, 06:31 PM

Just a few substantial ones to recall, I went the offroader route with bfg KO2 all terrain tires on some basic 16's, rigged up rally armor UR mudflaps behind them, rhino rack roof rack and basket with lights. Currently working on sourcing parts to setup a front bar attached to the crash bar for more lights and a little more protection, and also will eventually be working on substituting the oem infotainment system with an android OS aftermarket headunit. Biggest roadblock is cold weather right now lol

Ebay has a ton of random interior trim pieces/custom floor mats/etc if you want to "personalize" the look of it.

For performance-orientated stuff unfortunatly theres not much besides intake and exhaust mainly because this isnt a performance car lol a few people here got a custom aftermarket tune from orange-virus tuning (or however you spell it).

Strange enough south asia and the surrounding islands around there have been the major innovators in a lot of cx-3 stuff unfortunatly getting things over is questionable.

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 11-25-2018 at 06:37 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-26-2018, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Just a few substantial ones to recall, I went the offroader route with bfg KO2 all terrain tires on some basic 16's, rigged up rally armor UR mudflaps behind them, rhino rack roof rack and basket with lights. Currently working on sourcing parts to setup a front bar attached to the crash bar for more lights and a little more protection, and also will eventually be working on substituting the oem infotainment system with an android OS aftermarket headunit. Biggest roadblock is cold weather right now lol

Ebay has a ton of random interior trim pieces/custom floor mats/etc if you want to "personalize" the look of it.

For performance-orientated stuff unfortunatly theres not much besides intake and exhaust mainly because this isnt a performance car lol a few people here got a custom aftermarket tune from orange-virus tuning (or however you spell it).

Strange enough south asia and the surrounding islands around there have been the major innovators in a lot of cx-3 stuff unfortunatly getting things over is questionable.
When I first got my CX-3 2 weeks ago I was debating on what type of look I wanted to go with, part of me wondered about the look you described but I decided on a light tuner appearance look. I don't have too many plans thought up yet.
But so far:
Windows Professionally Tinted to 45% ✓
Aftermarket Rims (Konig Oversteer's 18x8 with black Gorilla Lugs) ✓
Roof Rails + Cross Bars (I'm a Kayak maniac) X
Roof Cargo Basket (mounted during colder seasons) X
Interior dash Underglow X

post #6 of 13 Old 11-26-2018, 12:37 PM

That makes sense, I actually was driving it stock on dirt roads androcky trails too frequently and all of this ended up being a necessity of utility rather than just aesthetic mods since I felt like things were going to break and damage easy lol.

A little heads up on the roof rails with basket or attachments setup. Rhino rack aero bars are probably the most "heavy duty" ones but are really wide (side view width not length across the roof to the other side). Because of that, basically the only attachments that can go onto it are rhino rack attachments primarily the x-tray because of the movable mounting points that slide to perfectly fit the crossbars dimensions and nothing else at this time I think. I found this out the hard way because of the spacing between the crossbars and the width of the bar itself, almost anything universal will not fit because they assume you have skinny maybe 1" wide crossbars with room to spare on the mounting hardware. Oem and other smaller width crossbar manufacturers will probably work for different attachments.

post #7 of 13 Old 11-26-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Oh ok. So basically if I were to get a basket you would recommend getting the Rhino brand because they are the only ones to properly fit the rails without buying the skinnier aftermarket ones? Or are you saying if I bought a Rhino basket I would need to get the Rhino rails?

post #8 of 13 Old 11-26-2018, 04:56 PM

If you get the rhino rack cross bars/rails etc whatever it would be called that mounts to the roof of your car, you are limited to basically just the rhino rack brand basket that would fit which is basically just their "x-tray" basket. The x-tray basket itself is truly universal and could fit onto any crossbar so it wouldnt be an issue.

The rhinorack crossbars themselves like in the picture I attached may be an issue depending on them mounting configuration of other accessories. I can personally confirm that other type roof baskets like yakima load warrior, thule basket, and various generic brands will not fit those crossbars because of the width of the bars in addition to the spacing. They say its a universal basket but it expects skinnier crossbars like the oem style. This may also impact things like kayak/snowboard/etc attachments depending on how much room there is available on the mounting point of the attachment.

Its disappointing because they are one of the best roof bar systems for the cx-3 but limits you from so much at the same time :/ Thats usually why I try to warn people ahead of time just incase they plan on putting things other than the rhino rack x-tray basket.

This was the thread where we explored this kind of stuff a while back if youre interested in other options and installed pictures. Keep in mind that the first half of the thread was before oem roof rails/crossbars existed so we did not have much of a choice back then.
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/gener...-fairings.html

post #9 of 13 Old 11-26-2018, 04:58 PM

issue uploading picture in previous post*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 12.48.29 PM.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	21867  

post #10 of 13 Old 11-26-2018, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberedGiraffe View Post
When I first got my CX-3 2 weeks ago I was debating on what type of look I wanted to go with, part of me wondered about the look you described but I decided on a light tuner appearance look. I don't have too many plans thought up yet.
But so far:
Windows Professionally Tinted to 45% ✓
Aftermarket Rims (Konig Oversteer's 18x8 with black Gorilla Lugs) ✓
Roof Rails + Cross Bars (I'm a Kayak maniac) X
Roof Cargo Basket (mounted during colder seasons) X
Interior dash Underglow X
Let me know if you are looking to get rid of your OEM rims. I may be in the market.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode