Buying a CX-3: Am i getting a good deal? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-2018, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Buying a CX-3: Am i getting a good deal?

So i'm buying a 2018 CX-3 this Memorial Day. I'm a fresh grad so i want to get as much discount as i can. But i'm also keeping in mind that 2019 CX-3 is going to be available late this May or early June this year. So really, i'm expecting a lowered price on 2018 following that logic (i'm a first time car buyer btw so i'm not sure if my logic is accurate).
Here's the MSRP for the CX-3 i'm eyeing on:

$25,165 GT trim
$ 975 destination fee (i know this one's non-negotiable)
$ 1,435 Premium package

$ 200 white paint (yeah i want this snowflake color)
$ 435 Rear Parking sensor (it says it was in individual option, but i didn't really ask my salesperson to add this nor do i care for this)

-------------
$28,270 total MSRP

From that MSRP, my salesperson is offering me this CX-R for 27,000 (26,977 to be exact).
So, do you guys think this is a fair price for a Memorial Day sale and added the fact that 2019 is available i a week or 2?

Last edited by Chris; 05-30-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-24-2018, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So i'm buying a 2018 CX-3 this Memorial Day. I'm a fresh grad so i want to get as much discount as i can. But i'm also keeping in mind that 2019 CX-3 is going to be available late this May or early June this year. So really, i'm expecting a lowered price on 2018 following that logic (i'm a first time car buyer btw so i'm not sure if my logic is accurate).
Here's the MSRP for the CX-3 i'm eyeing on:

$25,165 GT trim
$ 975 destination fee (i know this one's non-negotiable)
$ 1,435 Premium package

$ 200 white paint (yeah i want this snowflake color)
$ 435 Rear Parking sensor (it says it was in individual option, but i didn't really ask my salesperson to add this nor do i care for this)

-------------
$28,270 total MSRP

From that MSRP, my salesperson is offering me this CX-R for 27,000 (26,977 to be exact).
So, do you guys think this is a fair price for a Memorial Day sale and added the fact that 2019 is available i a week or 2?
My main advice: I suggest you go in with a plan. Shop multiple dealers and don't be dead set on walking away with a car on memorial day. Other suggestions (and likely places you can save lots of money):
-obtain financing ahead of time, check out options at credit unions. if your credit score is good then you shouldn't walk away with a rate of more than 3.5% (id shoot for less)
-dont finance for more than 4 years
-as a fresh grad who wants the "as much discount" as you can, buy used

all in all, a fair price just depends on how you feel walking out the door (it'll feel fuckin great)

Good luck!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-2018, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I got my touring for $26k, so I'd say you are not getting a great deal as its right in line with what I paid.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2018, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
As stated above just be prepared to walk out. Be firm and do NOT let the dealer make you feel guilty (they will try). I would try hard to get closer to the 26K mark. If they won't budge tell them you will check with other dealers and get back to them and start to walk out. They do NOT want you to walk out... Also pull the "maybe I should wait until the 2019's are out and see what that entails. Again they won't want you to do that.

Important note, as this is your first new car, be careful when you hit the finance office! They will try and sell you; alarm systems, extended warranties and maintenance agreements for thousands more. HOLD to your price and don't fall for this crap, most dealers do this stuff as it packs the price big time and they will hit you with the guilt here. Good luck.

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ
post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2018, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmpm View Post
As stated above just be prepared to walk out. Be firm and do NOT let the dealer make you feel guilty (they will try). I would try hard to get closer to the 26K mark. If they won't budge tell them you will check with other dealers and get back to them and start to walk out. They do NOT want you to walk out... Also pull the "maybe I should wait until the 2019's are out and see what that entails. Again they won't want you to do that.

Important note, as this is your first new car, be careful when you hit the finance office! They will try and sell you; alarm systems, extended warranties and maintenance agreements for thousands more. HOLD to your price and don't fall for this crap, most dealers do this stuff as it packs the price big time and they will hit you with the guilt here. Good luck.
Further to this, the 3 "big" ones they try and sell you in the finance office (in Canada at least) is:

1. There is no law in Canada that I am aware of that you need to absolutely get vehicle window security etching. They charge hundreds for for this when you can easily have it done elsewhere for under $50 (or there are kits that you can buy to do it yourself).

2. Same goes for the rust protection undercoating (this is the big one). Cars these days have factory rust protection but, if you want extra on a brand new vehicle to battle the winter salt, there are many places that specialize in this for a fraction of the cost.

3. 3M protection. In my experience, they use the cheapest 3M available to them and apply that to the car sometimes without asking, or they will say "comes with 3M!"...then you see a line item for $550 on you final bill (this is what they tried to charge me). Again, you can get this done elsewhere where they will tell you exactly whats going on your car, generally for less, and no hassles with rectifying any issues that may come up.
I had my Jeep's 3M peeling up at the edges 4 months into owning it and it was like pulling teeth getting them to replace it.

Like what @ghmpm said...Stick to your guns and being prepared to walk is your best tool

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode