User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-28-2018, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Wink Hello CX3 Family, Long time lurker joining the crew

Hey there, My names Dreizo but most of my friends call me Dre. I have a 2018 Cx-3 AWD in the GS model (Middle tier, no keyless entry, no bose, no leather seats). I did however get the premium package for the red leather trims, and the I-Activesense package for all the blindspot monitoring, heads up display, etc etc.

Honestly, the main reason I didn't want to go for a GT was because the heads up display being colored looked UGLY to me. I like the Vanilla black and white.

Some facts: This is my first ever car. Bought it brand new off a dealer with 6 years/120k extended bumper to bumper, tire protection, etc. I did not know shit about cars when i bought this one (because i loved the looks, it was in my budget (somewhat.. budget was actually 25k-30k tops was looking at used RAV4/CX-5/etc. but dealer showed me the CX-3, let me test drive it and i knew right there and then i wanted this car).

Regrets? 1) Protection: I didn't get it waxed/coated as soon as i bought it. I assumed my dealership did all of that and honestly rock chips have already gone past my clear coat on the hood. I want to get a clear-bra done but I'm afraid at this point (7 months in), it's not going to be worth it since the paint already has minor chips and swirls everywhere. 2) Dealership tires: I didn't choose better tires/rims on pickup (for all seasons), i have the stock yokos on stock rims for all-seasons and Michelin XICE on Steelies for the winter (Completely fine with my winter tires). Then again in 2-3 years when i change them, it won't matter at all

Pictures of the car on delivery.

I'll break up the rest of this post into 2 parts. What i want to do with my car, and what I have done with my car. Will try to include good pictures where I can, i recently changed phone to a Pixel 2XL, the ugly/older pictures are with an IPhone 6+ Camera

What i want(ed) to do;

Tint windows, kind of worried about this since Toronto apparently doesn't allow tints at all. I want 15% rear windows but at the same time i like having a transparent rear windshield as otherwise, wtf is the point of a rear-view mirror.
Add better audio system (done for now, might add rear speakers and an AMP/Sound processor in the future but idk if i want that 5% difference)
Plastidip All-season alloys into black for nicer looks (In progress) [Will be changing rims entirely in the distant future, too poor atm]
Paint brake calipers red (16 inch rims don't have the clearance for the MGP Caliper Covers)
Get a tune/tuning chip that I can use on-the-go to change my car for perfect fuel economy (work/driving alone) and standard/better performance (sport mode essentially)
Either clear-bra, black 3M wrap or plastidip the hood + roof black to go for more of a Panda look. (Need opinions on this, want it done sooner than later)
Change foot/brake pedals + add a footrest where the clutch usually is/handbrake SHOULD HAVE BEEN. (x)
Add interior lighting (x)
Change all interior bulbs to LED (Better/cleaner lighting + I work in my car sometimes so brighter lights helps me read/find stuff) (x)
Add door sills
Add the DAMD CX-3 Body kit (I love it so much but damn 2000$ + Labor is not happening soon) https://www.nengun.com/damd/mazda-cx3-body-kit
Clean up dashboard wiring, currently have the LEDs/Dashcam using the 2 USB ports built-in.
Remove the CD Drive and add a UPS/Battery Pack/Something else there. Seriously, CD Drive on a 2018.. Glad they got rid of it on 2019.
Add USB/Lighter sockets somewhere near the rear of the car for rear passengers to have access to power.
Replace rear-view mirror with one that has auto-dimming and possibly a compass, though if i tint my rear windshield then idk if this will be useful.

What I've done, mostly in order (Imgur full album https://imgur.com/a/Z89etdi

Added Anker Dual-USB Fast charging to the lighter port.

Placed a battery backup in between passenger seat and gap, for more ports, faster charging and so rear-passengers can charge if needed.

Installed a VIOFO A119s Dashcam with GPS Mount for the front, not hardwired. Hanging ornament is a 4 Star Dragonball from Lootcrate. I use the battery backup if I'm parked in a sketch area sometimes and want my Dashcam running.

Placed Red/Black rubber mats into all the door jambs/cup holders etc to clean it easier as well as keep the factory part cleaner.

Added a magnetic phone mount, works amazingly well. Might add a second one as I have 2 phones and usually end up keeping the 2nd one in the cup holders/pocket.

Reddit Secret Santa gifted me a steering wheel cover i was going to buy anyway. Love it.

Bought some LED cupholder lights that only light up when their sensor has something on it. I like them, battery is decent but might get rid of them soon. They have multiple color variants, breathing/fading/static color modes etc. Mostly gimmicky.

Put hubcaps to cover the ugly steel winter tires on the car.

Installed PS165F Front Speakers + Tweeters, a Focal FPX 1.1000 Subwoofer amp and two JL w6v3-D4 subwoofers.

Replaced Cabin, Trunk and License Plate lights with LED bulbs.

Installed interior floor LED lights, 8 colors + Music modes/fades etc. Random chinese brand.

Added some religious decal to the car. I had some other ones like a Punisher skull, Avengers cast etc but didn't like how flashy they looked. This for me is enough.

Most of these are in chronological order. Will update 2nd post as i add more things to the car as apparently there is a 25 link limit.

Last edited by Dreizo; 05-10-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Comic sans ugly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-28-2018, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

2nd Post as 1st one got filled. Holy crap comic sans looks bad so i removed it.

Added foot pedals. Haven't secured the footrest yet, will do a thorough car cleanup on Tuesday so going to post updated pictures and Velcro down on that day.

anchorman likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-28-2018, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Dre,

Nice post, this group really likes pictures

"Placed Red/Black rubber mats into all the door jambs/cup holders etc to clean it easier as well as keep the factory part cleaner.

I like the look of those - where did you find them ?

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore Stroke: 83.5 91.2 mm (3.29 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0

post #4 of 15 Old 04-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"
post #5 of 15 Old 04-29-2018, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Welcome. Wow, you've been busy! I love when people just dive in and tinker away with their vehicles.

I didn't realize the GT gauge cluster and a HUD was available on mid-tier trim.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-30-2018, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
I didn't realize the GT gauge cluster and a HUD was available on mid-tier trim.
Yea, this is because the OP is from Canadia.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-30-2018, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGrayMSM View Post
Yea, this is because the OP is from Canadia.
I saw that. I hadn't seen a HUD and GT-spec gauge cluster in a non GT model before in any other market. But I hand't spec'd out 2018 models websites for other markets, only 16/17's. I'm a nerd

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-30-2018, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
I saw that. I hadn't seen a HUD and GT-spec gauge cluster in a non GT model before in any other market. But I hand't spec'd out 2018 models websites for other markets, only 16/17's. I'm a nerd
Yea, I was curious so I went to the Mazda CA site to see. If you are curious, they have the 2019 CX-3 available for build and price.
DJ9999 likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-30-2018, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

https://m.imgur.com/a/Z89etdi

On mobile. Can't really quote or don't know how to yet heh. I bought the mats from this Amazon listing. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently doing plastidip on wheels. Finished one yesterday to see how it turns out. I find it okay. Going to finish the other 3 wheels this week as I get the time. I'll get it done for now and see how it looks as I've already invested into it but likely won't redo a dip in the future.

Also have a nice polish and wax lined up for tomorrow so I'll be able to clean up the car thoroughly and take some much nicer pictures in sunlight since most of these were taken at night or underground.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Managed to get the car interior completely cleaned. However, i was in a hurry for work and we lost the clay towel so I couldn't finish the exterior detail. Car still looks great.. just.. not there yet. Sunday though. Will be doing a clay bar/polish/sealant which should give the car a very nice shine. Currently talking to a local detailing store about sponsorship, not entirely sure I want a 2 door wrap/decal on my car that has a huge banner advertising a detailing store. They did offer to keep my Mazda interior + exterior in pristine condition in return though. I work door to door in a different area on a weekly basis for now so that's added incentive for them since it's not repeat advertising in the same area.

HMMMMMMMMMM.........

Tags
audio system , cx3 , dashcam , floor lighting , zoomzoom

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode