• 1 Post By anchorman
  • 1 Post By mainemanx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-26-2017, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hiasprdude

Purchased 2017 CX-3 Aug 2016 with AWD and all top end toys, at least those available to the Canadian Market. Figured it was likely the last new car I would purchase in my driving lifetime, so I went all-in.

Very disappointed that before my first oil change, that same car, sold as a 2018 now has more goodies on basically the same platform. I had read reviews about the radar cruise control and assumed mine had it, but the reviews were from other areas of the planet. I found out once I got it home. Not there.

This vehicle needs a heated steering wheel to go with the rest of the Canadian winter package like the heated seats and mirrors which it did come with. My 71 yr old arthritic hands would appreciate it.

Similarly, the HUD got an upgrade that I suspect could be flashed into memory ... and the 2018 car now boasts Gvectoring.

My sense is Gvectoring is likely a computer flash to the AWD/ABS gnomes already on board, but Mazda really won't say. From my perspective, you would just be telling those systems what to do under certain parameters, as they do already with TPMS and AWD power distribution and traction control activation. It can't be impossible as a retrofit. I cannot imagine it would need any new hardware even.

The tailgate should have a remote release as others in this segment now do.

All that said, I love the car.

I just wish Mazda's answer when I raised these questions hadn't been a bit of a snotty brush off and a suggestion to trade in my 2017 on a 2018!

Really? Are they serious? I paid top buck and that's the best they can offer? My computer gets monthly updates to its software for free. I was suggesting Mazda offer a dealer-installed nominal cost upgrade to the newest specs but that fell on deaf ears.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has suggestions or tweaks.

I can live without the vectoring, though it would be nice. A hatch release from the driver's seat etc as an aftermarket upgrade is welcome if anyone knows of anyone making such a kit.

While I am on this pony-ride ... how much would it take to put an SD slot into the overhead console and let those cameras powering the lane keeping etc, act as a dashcam that we can download onto SD.

In the event of a serious accident, police can get a warrant to seize that data. Wouldn't it be nice to have it readily available without having to buy and live with another camera stuck to the windshield?

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-26-2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: word processing errors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Hmm, it’s always disappointing when your model gets left behind but it’s how they keep up and get repeat business.

Boot release? Well I wouldn’t go to any trouble with that as you need to go there to get any stuff out.

Those cameras aren’t cameras as such but I suppose one day factory installed cameras will come
mainemanx likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 3 Old 11-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
Hmm, it’s always disappointing when your model gets left behind but it’s how they keep up and get repeat business.

Boot release? Well I wouldn’t go to any trouble with that as you need to go there to get any stuff out.

Those cameras aren’t cameras as such but I suppose one day factory installed cameras will come
"We don't buy the technology ... we only rent it". The difference between what we initially pay for it vs. what we get for it used, is the rental fee.
Unless someone steals it
anchorman likes this.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Last edited by mainemanx; 11-28-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode