User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-15-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
sUp

hi everybody, my name is Randolf from Toronto, Canada.. After months of endless obsessive research, my wife and i brought home a Black 2018 CX3 GS , and we are loving it..... I've been using the good ol fashion pencil type gauge which had its use and purpose on my previous cars that were bought used, but i'd like to upgrade on our brand new Mazda.. Any advice on analog vs. digital tire pressure gauges???

Last edited by ran MC; 10-16-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-15-2017, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran MC View Post
hi everybody, my name is Randolf from Toronto, Canada.. After months of endless obsessive research, my wife and i brought home a Black 2018 CX3 GS , and we are loving it..... I've been using the good ol fashion pencil type gauge which had its use and purpose on my previous cars that were bought used, but i'd like to upgrade on your our brand new Mazda.. Any advice on analog vs. digital tire pressure gauges???
save your money for accessories.
The accuracy is not any better and cold weather plays havoc on those with batteries.

You did say "any advice" didn't you

Welcome to our group.

Just under two weeks and I will have had mine for two years.
Still confident that I made the right choice.

zoom-zoom

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore × Stroke: 83.5 × 91.2 mm (3.29 × 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #3 of 6 Old 10-16-2017, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
thank you Dean, you're right about wrecking those havoc with batteries, teeter tottering on an analog JACO Elite Pro Tire Pressure just under $20 from Amazon, not a bad investment for longevity on the tires, increase on fuel economy, and the driving behaviour, just loving that the tire pressure monitoring system exist to help my neurotic self, saying that i may freak out when that warning light goes off while driving.

I didn't do my deligence in maintaining proper tire pressures from my previous cars i owned in the past, well at least the last one. This is my first brand new car purchase, and it's a big baby, and i'll baby it till it dies on me.

Congratulations in your 2 year anniversary !!!

post #4 of 6 Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran MC View Post
I've been using the good ol fashion pencil type gauge which had its use and purpose on my previous cars that were bought used, but i'd like to upgrade on our brand new Mazda.. Any advice on analog vs. digital tire pressure gauges???
Randolf, welcome! Newbie here as well with wifey's 2018 GS AWD.

Judging from your post, I suspect that we're probably the same age and have a certain level of difficulty reading the small marks on the pencil gauges...

In lieu of a digital air gauge, have you ever considered a dial gauge? They're very accurate and can give you quick readings at a glance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	756362.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	19145  

'18 CX-3 GS AWD Soul Red (Wifey's)
'09 Cayenne GTS Black (Mine)
post #5 of 6 Old 10-20-2017, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumaxmtl View Post
Randolf, welcome! Newbie here as well with wifey's 2018 GS AWD.

Judging from your post, I suspect that we're probably the same age and have a certain level of difficulty reading the small marks on the pencil gauges...

In lieu of a digital air gauge, have you ever considered a dial gauge? They're very accurate and can give you quick readings at a glance.
hi Blumaxmtl,

Congratulations in your purchase ... thank you for the thumbnail suggestion, the pencil gauge i have has increments of 5 scales on the every tenth ( if that makes sense ) which proved to be not really accurate as the manufacture suggest front at 36 psi and 33 psi rear. KK , i'll also admit that i am almost blind as a bat, but i wanted to make a small investment in prolonging a sound investment.

With that said, i bought an analog gauge by an American company called Jaco, through Amazon, that came in the mail yesterday... I got to say that i am quite happy with it, it is well built, and a great ergonomic design , with a quick charge of light from a cell phone, the face glows in the dark which helped my reading ability, the beauty of this is that it has a bleed valve that can be triggered from a finger reach while holding the face, and lastly it is backed up of a lifetime guarantee, all under $20 Canadian dollars. Tried it last night , and i got to say it was the most fun i had putting air on my tires. Wow!!!! you know you're old when the highlight of the night is putting air on your tires

Here is a link at the bottom of the purchase

https://www.amazon.com/JACO-ElitePro.../dp/B015HURK64

Can't wait to drive this car in the winter with AWD !!!!
post #6 of 6 Old 10-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Dial gauges are definitely preferable to stick or digital and the ones with bleeder valves are the best.

I loved my oil-filled Longacre gauge but it's definitely overkill if you aren't racing.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode