• 1 Post By mainemanx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-22-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Proud new owner

Hi,

I'm Kat, I'm originally from Germany but live in Maryland now.

We just purchased our brand new CX-3 Grand Touring today and I'm still in shock

We hadn't planned on getting a new car, but some idiot crashed into my Yaris and totaled it - hence the need for a new car, and while I loved my little Yaris (and in principle would have preferred another tiny car for my commute), I felt like I wouldn't feel safe enough anymore after that rather horrific accident. So we looked around, compared and test drove and finally decided on the CX-3.

I hope to get some good information in this forum from others who've had this car for a while; our next step will probably be to purchase a satnav sd card, while waiting for Mazda to get the software for the car play (which is apparently imminent??) but I will search the forum regarding this.

Best wishes,
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-22-2017, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin Knauer Mellody View Post
Hi,

We hadn't planned on getting a new car, but some idiot crashed into my Yaris and totaled it - hence the need for a new car, and while I loved my little Yaris (and in principle would have preferred another tiny car for my commute), I felt like I wouldn't feel safe enough anymore after that rather horrific accident. So we looked around, compared and test drove and finally decided on the CX-3.

I hope to get some good information in this forum from others who've had this car for a while; our next step will probably be to purchase a satnav sd card, while waiting for Mazda to get the software for the car play (which is apparently imminent??) but I will search the forum regarding this.

Best wishes,
Kat
Hello Kat

I just joined the forum yesterday and had a somewhat unfortunate experience to you too. Someone went into the side of my Mazda 2 and whilst it wasn't as bad a crash as yours it was sufficient to get me thinking to buy bigger too. I have always driven tiny cars ( my first 2 cars were 3 cylinder and when I eventually traded up to a Mazda 2 it felt huge to me until I got used to it!).

I've had my CX-3 for a month now and am very happy with it and it's great to hear so many good stories about the carbinckuding yours
post #3 of 9 Old 07-22-2017, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Horse;154225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin Knauer Mellody View Post
Hi,

Best wishes,
Kat
Hello Kat

I just joined the forum yesterday and had a somewhat unfortunate experience to you too. Someone went into the side of my Mazda 2 and whilst it wasn't as bad a crash as yours it was sufficient to get me thinking to buy bigger too. I have always driven tiny cars ( my first 2 cars were 3 cylinder and when I eventually traded up to a Mazda 2 it felt huge to me until I got used to it!).

I've had my CX-3 for a month now and am very happy with it and it's great to hear so many good stories about the car including yours

Kind Regards

"Horse" (I've always called all the cars I've owned this name )

post #4 of 9 Old 07-23-2017, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Hi Kat, welcome to the forum!

Your Grand Touring trim should have come with a SD card with navigation. If you don't have one, you should contact the dealer.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-23-2017, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Im from Malta , last month I recived my Mazda top of the range and did not have the map on sd card . I recomand to buy from ebay I recived mine this week and it works perfectly and only cost me € 53
post #6 of 9 Old 08-04-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I've had it almost two weeks now and so far, I'm loving it.

I got a satnav card on Ebay for $95 - seems to be the real thing and works just fine.
Just filled her up the other day and the tank does seem small - I had been driving on pretty much empty for a while (those last far little bars go down extremely quickly!! I thought I'd run out on the highway!) and when I got to the gas station, it only took 9.7 gallons...I'm assuming there must have been more gas left in the tank than I had thought, I seem to remember reading something about the tank holding a little over 11 gallons?

So far, the mpg only says about 24 something, but it seems to be slowly creeping up - I guess it's a New Car thing as it started at around 6.

I could have maybe just a smidgen more pick-up, but I do like the gear paddles on the steering wheel - I like those better than using the sports mode - that doesn't really do much for me (unless I'm using it wrongly??)

I've got lots of compliments so far!!

Kat

Proud owner of 2017 AWD Grand Touring
post #7 of 9 Old 08-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
What a lovely name you have!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new car.
mainemanx likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #8 of 9 Old 08-05-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Really? Oh thanks :-) It's a mix of German (myself) and American (hubby)
anchorman likes this.

Proud owner of 2017 AWD Grand Touring
post #9 of 9 Old 08-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
When you have a name like that, you use all three of 'em
anchorman likes this.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode