• 1 Post By mainemanx
  • 3 Post By Klxrelic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello from Southwest Florida!

I am in the market for a new car and really really love the CX-3! I am not too concerned about the lack of cargo area, I drive a Mini Cooper right now and ANYTHING is a step up. Do you all love your CX-3? I drive over 2 hours to work, and want something I really enjoy driving. Debating between this and a Subaru Crosstrek. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbo43 View Post
I am in the market for a new car and really really love the CX-3! I am not too concerned about the lack of cargo area, I drive a Mini Cooper right now and ANYTHING is a step up. Do you all love your CX-3? I drive over 2 hours to work, and want something I really enjoy driving. Debating between this and a Subaru Crosstrek. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Welcome, from a native born and bred in the "Only Southern Capital Not Captured During the War of Northern Aggression!"

As I've asserted elsewhere, the CX-3 is the Practical Man's Porsche Cayenne, but with better styling and miserly fuel consumption ... a reasonable solution/compromise on all parameters. To me it's the replacement for a 356 I had many, many years ago. Your Mini Cooper is no doubt faster, but in comparison the CX-3 will almost seem like a mini-van.

I've several friends with Crosstreks ... old technology, narrow ... and I believe soon to be restyled/replaced.

Is it fun to drive? Yes! Love it? Well, not quite like my ol' 356, or is that just nostalgia ... FSU, all-nighters, football, sorority row ...
Aimbo43 likes this.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2017, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I was really considering the Crosstrek as well. Just got rid of my 2004 Outback before I bought the Mazda, and it has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned.

But...... I really dont like CVT. The Mazda having a real tranny was the tipping point in my case.
As for size, not a big deal for my needs. Dont really need much room, and I like the compact size. I had a Geo Storm back in the day....Compared to that, I got oodles of room.

Plus, the missus does the grocery shopping in her Mitsubishi Outlander. She doesn't wanna take the new car due to its smaller size. Suits me fine.
anchorman, mainemanx and Aimbo43 like this.

2017 CX-3 GS AWD

"If it can't be fixed with hammer, it must be electrical "

post #4 of 4 Old 02-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When I bought my CX3 it was pretty much a toss up between it and the new mustang which seems like a weird combo when I write it out. In the end I choose the practicality of the CX3, better gas mileage, more space and in my opinion the CX3 is the best looking crossover on the market today.

Cargo space is a little lacking, my old Mazdaspeed3 had more room. Although last weekend the GF and I went to the drive in and folded the back seats down, brought some blankets and pillows and watched the movie out of the back of the car, and it is pretty comfortable the whole time.

2016 Mazda CX3 Touring Soul Red Metallic
Formers
09 Cobalt SS TC
10 Mazdaspeed 3
07 Cobalt SS SC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode