2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-12-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Picked up CX-3 yesterday

Picked up the car yesterday at my local Mazda dealership. We (the GF and I) bought a 17 GS AWD in Ceramic Metallic. The car will be mostly driven by the GF. She was driving a 2010 Suzuki SX4 6sp AWD that I will now be taking over when I sell my 01 Sentra SE that has given me 16+ years of faithful service.

Sentra is still a great car but I kinda had enough of it so we made the move to get a new car.

I gotta say, the CX-3 is NICE!!!!! We picked it up with 5kms on it, drove it directly to my buddy that works at a Krown rustproofing place and promptly got it sprayed to keep her looking like new for years to come.

We got the block heater installed and also a winter tire package (OE size Michelin XICE xi3's on OE steel wheels. The OE 16" alloys are stored safely in the basement.

Some pics: (We checked out the car when it arrived at the dealership a few days earlier)

and parked at the Krown place before the spraying:

Going to play around with the car today and get some more mileage on it. Will be on this forum to share ideas and tips with my fellow CX-3er's.

Check back in later. Cheers!!!!!

Tony
anchorman and xupcua like this.

T. Chan
17 CX-3 GS AWD
10 Suzuki SX4 6sp AWD
09 Z06
13 GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-12-2016, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum! Good idea on the rust proofing, I may consider it myself since Chicagoland streets are extremely salty during winter. Glad you're having as much fun with the car as everyone else seems to be having here.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum Tony. Mine got lashings of wax when it was new.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"

post #4 of 4 Old 11-12-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks guys, came back home not too long ago from a nice drive. Unfortunately the car has suffered it's first little minor incident out on the highways of my fair city.

Approaching and getting ready to pass a transport truck it threw up a pebble that I saw hit the windshield near the top of it on the driver's side. It didn't crack it but did put a little tiny chip on the glass. I don't think it's bad enough that it will cause a crack later but who knows?? GF isn't going to like that when I tell her but then again she could be driving it and it would happen to her anyways.............hard to avoid this type of crap when driving if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen.

I played with the NAV a bit (I got the SD card thrown in as part of the deal when buying the car), got it sorta set up to my liking and I'm getting used to driving this car with an auto (I do manual mode now as I'm breaking it in varying the revs on the engine while driving).

Anyways, so far I'm enjoying driving this car. I now wish I had a 3 car garage so it could be kept inside and not be shafted outside like the other 2 cars (my other 2 cars get the inside treatment). I need to find a windshield shade to keep the dash from getting baked while parked in the driveway.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode