LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-11-2016, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Hello from Chicago

Hey all,

Long time lurker here and I decided to change that today. I'm really glad to see that the CX-3, while still being somewhat new, already has a strong community.

What I Drive
2017 Mazda CX-3 AWD Touring w/ Tech Package — Deep Crystal Blue, 6-speed Automatic, 2.0L I4

What I Drove Before
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit — Reflex Silver, 5-speed Manual, 2.5L I5
2006.5 Scion xB — Blue Onyx Pearl, 5-speed Manual, 1.8L I4

I've been a CX-3 owner for about two months now. Apparently I snatched the first 2017 my dealership had. So far I enjoy everything about the car, except for maybe the TPMS which likes to go off every time I hit a specific bump on a highway I drive on regularly.

The CX-3 embodies the best qualities of cars I had before, so I had no problem choosing it over its competition. The color, size, and suspension is reminiscent of my old xB (which I modified heavily for autocross; I loved that car but spent too much $$$ on it), while the power is somewhat close to my old Rabbit (although I admittedly miss all the torque that car had).

As you can probably guess based on my previous cars, I enjoy driving a manual transmission, and that's one thing I REALLY wish the North American market had for the CX-3. But the rest of the car is awesome enough for me to let that pass.

So far, I've purchased Aries brand floor liners (which cover the entire dead pedal nicely), and switched out my halogen bulbs with LEDs. The LEDs make a huge difference and the projectors do a great job keeping oncoming traffic from going blind.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone before I go contribute to some threads. Thanks for reading!
anchorman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-11-2016, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum Kevin. Thanks for the great run down of ALL your cars (including the CX-3).

You only have the right of way if the other driver gives it to you
post #3 of 6 Old 11-11-2016, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Nice intro and congrats on the purchase! Thanks for checking in and saying hi.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-11-2016, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
I'm sorry, did you not get the memo? There's only one of us Chicagoans allowed here. You're going to have to claim a 'burb or something.

Actually, I might have seen you on my commute from the West Loop to Midway/Archer Heights area. Spend any time on 55? I don't see many CX-3s in Chicago right now but I do occasionally see a blue one zoom-zooming around.

I'm also an autocrosser (see sig) and am almost done migrating my RX-8 from CS to STX. Do you still do it? Last northern event of the season is down in Rantoul, IL this weekend. Then the silly season starts when all us racer wannabees start going a little crazy.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

Last edited by NotAPreppie; 11-11-2016 at 03:47 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-11-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Lol I will see myself out then...

Actually I don't live in the city anymore so I can go ahead and claim a suburb. No one seems to know where the heck Wood Dale, IL is though.

I'm not on 55 much so it's probably not me you see. I'm mostly on 90 or 290. BTW if you're ever out by the Thorndale exit from 290, watch out for a nasty series bumps on the temporary ramp. That's where my TPMS light always goes off. Can't wait until all this construction is done.

I don't autocross anymore. I did it a lot back around 2008 to 2011 when I had my xB and I mainly went to CVO and WCMC events. Never gave SCCA a shot though. I'm itching to give the CX-3 a try haha so maybe I'll check that event out, at least to watch.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
post #6 of 6 Old 11-12-2016, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum....

Stock is boring
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode