The seat trim, leather or textile, then black or white leather, any opinions? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By DJ9999
  • 1 Post By anchorman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-17-2016, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Question The seat trim, leather or textile, then black or white leather, any opinions?

Havent decided the trim yet. I will probably go for the black - leather option. White will probably need more cleaning.

Althoug i would prefer textile its not possible in the most expensive model. So guess its black leather then...

Anyone have an opinion? Hot, cold, annoying or good? Anything too look out for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I love the parchment as its very attractive and adds an upscale appearance but it does require more care to keep clean.
greaseman85 likes this.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
If they did the white leather/black suede option in the CX-5 I would have had it in a heartbeat. I loved it in the CX-3. They do require a bit of extra care but they never got blue off my (cheap) jeans and if they get a bit of a mark you can get it off straight away.
greaseman85 likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"

post #4 of 6 Old 08-29-2016, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I just did a thorough cleaning of the black suede and perforated white leather seats. Not a task that I look forward to on a regular basis, but this time I was forced to because my pooch decided to dump the contents of his breakfast squarely on the black suede patch in the back seat during a ride in the country.

Does anyone have a method that they use to clean up a mess like this? I just used an Oxy type cleaner and scrubbed like mad. Then I spayed "Auto Freebreeze" everywhere. It seems to have cleaned things nicely, but if my car sits baking in the sun for long I can just imagine what it could smell like tomorrow...

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-29-2016, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
"spayed 'Auto Freebreeze' everywhere" sounds pretty harsh treatment for your pooch! ;-)

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT
post #6 of 6 Old 08-29-2016, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I really like the parchment leather and was a bit concerned (having two young ones in the back seat). But, unlike my wife in her car, I do not allow snacks and Kool Aid and such during the short drives from school and daycare ("Crust of bread, glass of water - that's all you get!"). My only panic moment was when my elder daughter climbed across her younger sister's seat to get into her booster and left a perfect, dusty footprint in between the seats (it came off easily, thankfully). Usually, it is me wiping off the footprints off the black leather (leatherette?) from the back of the front seats. Why do children insist on kicking their daddy in the back? Anyway, it wipes clean very easily and I only have to vacuum out a crumb or two (they are experts at contraband). All in all, I would prefer leather to cloth (I have already used Shout and a toothbrush to get food stains from my wife's Fit seats...)

'16 Meteor Gray Mica FWD GT

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode