4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Squeaks and rattles solutions

Hey, guys. Wanted to start a thread to see if we can gather up a list of interior annoying noises you have experienced and what your solutions have been in resolving them if you did it yourself.

I've got some kind of rattle coming from what I think is somewhere around the glovebox. I don't think it's the glovebox door itself. Noise doesn't change when press and hold it firmly closed. I suspect it might be the plastic pan directly below the glovebox down in the footwell area as it seems kind of loose. I removed it and reinstalled it to make sure it was in there correctly and it seems to be, but it's still kind of loose. I removed the glovebox completely and looked up into the opening to see if there was any loose wire harnesses or anything that I could see and didn't find anything.

Someone mentioned a noise around where the A-pillar trim meets the dash and that they inserted a piece of foam in there some how to resolve it. I'd like to see some photos, whoever you are, if you have them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I had a squeak of some sort coming from the fake piece of leather running across just above the glovebox.
The garage fixed it by removing it and putting some sort of foam (don't which kind) behind it and then attaching the leather again.
The mechanic who did it, said it was easy to remove and the fix solved the squeak.
And no photos, sorry :-)

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM
JPA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
On my car the whole dash rattles in sub zero temperatures before the interior warms up. Might be the air went grill next to the wind shield.

There is also some noise coming from driver side door panel. But I think it'll be fixed when I update the speakers and put some Vibroplast in the door and door panel.

CX-3 2.0 SKYACTIVE-G Premium Plus 6MT AWD

post #4 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA View Post
On my car the whole dash rattles in sub zero temperatures before the interior warms up. Might be the air went grill next to the wind shield.

There is also some noise coming from driver side door panel. But I think it'll be fixed when I update the speakers and put some Vibroplast in the door and door panel.
+1 on the drivers side door panel, very noticeable when I listen to songs with deep / heavy bass.

If you blast The Weeknd's "The Hills" @ ~75% volume you probably see the same

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #5 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
I get the damn rattling from the passenger side of the dashboard too. I thought it was the glovebox as well but I don't know what the hell it is, very annoying.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #6 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Squeak, Rattle, and Resolved

I did post, back in November, a picture of how I solved this particular rattle. I squeezed a sponge into the space between the dash and the body, on the right hand side underneath the glove box. If you want, I will try to retrieve the picture and resend it.
(Other than that and the fact that the back-up warning signals are not working, the CX-3 is amazing.)
post #7 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I never got round to trying that Al but I'm sure it would put pressure on the dash as you said. That rattle always drove me nuts but anchorwoman is immune to rattles (I could fill the tumble dryer with dishes and she wouldn't bat an eyelid) and I couldn't reach it so it went away complete with rattle. There was another from the drivers seat when unoccupied and that could be fixed by moving one notch up or down. There was also something with the back door. I fixed it partly by packing that trim above the window with sponge and there was still intermittent rattles from back there. Finally, I always put a bit of sponge in the sunglasses holder as that would trap them under pressure and stop them from rattling.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #8 of 33 Old 04-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post

I've got some kind of rattle coming from what I think is somewhere around the glovebox. I don't think it's the glovebox door itself.

Someone mentioned a noise around where the A-pillar trim meets the dash and that they inserted a piece of foam in there some how to resolve it. I'd like to see some photos, whoever you are, if you have them.
I had rattle in the area. I haven't bothered with the foam yet but my rattle definitely comes from the corner where the windshield, dashboard (top of), and A pillar meets. I can stick my finger there and the rattling will stop.

Last edited by inflex; 04-12-2016 at 09:28 PM.
post #9 of 33 Old 04-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflex View Post
I had rattle in the area. I haven't bothered with the foam yet but my rattle definitely comes from the corner where the windshield, dashboard (top of), and A pillar meets. I can stick my finger there and the rattling will stop.
There was quite a big gap there on mine.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #10 of 33 Old 04-14-2016, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
1. Dashboard rattle by the middle circular vent (i fixed it by removing the navigation display and shoved a microfiber cloth in there)

2. Dashboard rattle by the middle defrost vents (again, removed the navigation display and shoved in a microfiber cloth)

3. Dashboard rattle by the passenger side tweeter speaker (removed the tweeter and shoved in a microfiber cloth)

Funny thing is all these rattles happened at the same time so it wasnt because I was shoving in cloths.

4. Driver side door rattle (have not fixed, ran out of cloths)

5. Front passenger side door rattle (have not fixed, no more cloths)

The car started rattling like 5 days after ownership. I'm not surprised though. I expected it as I owned a 2011 Mazda 3.

Other than the rattles, its solid car with excellent driving dynamics.

I just picked up a 2016 CLA 45 AMG, lets see how long it takes for that to rattle =)
anchorman and greaseman85 like this.

Last edited by Trixstar; 04-14-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode