Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Storage Ideas?

Tags
storage
26K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  greaseman85 
#1 ·
Hi, all - I think I love my new CX3 Touring, but I'm disappointed that there's really no storage in the front except for the cup holders: I guess I'm used to having a couple of places for sunglasses, extra keys, etc. Other than the glove compartment, has anyone found a good storage alternative, or are you pretty much just using the side door area? Thanks!

#2 ·
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad there are no cup holders in the CX3. To me, drinking coffee (or whatever) while behind the wheel is asking for trouble! So I make sure I finish my coffee before I climb in.

#8 ·
What other stuff are you planning to stow? I do keep a small bag for coins and other stuff infront. I place it inside the door bottle holder. Check it, it's pretty deep. And besides, not having too much space will keep your car looking clean. :D

#11 ·
Agree, the doors hold a bit but I would like a bit more storage in the console in front of shifter and possibly an under seat tray/drawer.

Certainly not a big issue but you always want that.....Bit more :)

#13 ·
If you pull those red padded cheeks from the front of the console (follow my instructions for fitting the Brodie phone holder) you can see the clips that hold the CD player in.

#15 ·
I wish they would bring back the cassette player. I never did change over to CDs and I have a huge pile of Cassettes from the 60s and 70s. From what I understand Cassettes are actually on the way back together with vinyl records (of which I also have a huge pile).

#16 ·
I can remember buying a Radiomobile 8 track purely because it had 4 coloured lights. I couldn't afford any tapes but managed to buy one Johnny Mathis tape from a shop clearout. It went round and round and round. I only had an old Mini so no room for more tapes anyway. Not even keen on Johnny Mathis.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Yes I did buy them. Personally, I think they look like they belong there. The only negative I will say is they appear a little cramped, but I haven't really broke in the seats yet or stuffed these things with anything to expand them out more.

Attachments

#28 ·
Got this thing, it doubles as an armrest if you don't already have the crappy Mazda armrest. I'm not a fan of the bright red stitching but I can get a cover for it. I'll be removing the armrest soon and will secure this to the console. It looks like it'll cover both cup holders, but that's fine to me.

Attachments

#30 ·
Thats an interesting find.

Do you have a link to where you found it ?

As you said it will cover the cup holders but what about the handbrake ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.