User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-20-2016, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
car seat covers

I have the sTouring model and the seats are wonderful. I'd like to protect them with covers but cannot see any "official" CX-3 products in the online accessories mazda offers. Has anyone had any experience with generic covers - sheepskin/wool fleece?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Just checked the Mazda Oz website and noticed they are not on there any more.

100% certain it was offered as an accessory a few months ago. When I bought mine in April 15 they tried to sell me a set, and I have seen that just about every Maxx trim level car in Sydney has them fitted.

You should try ebay and see if any of the Mazda sellers still have old stock. They are nice, solid black with the CX-3 logo in white on each seat.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
post #3 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
If your seats have an airbag, and you opt for generic covers, remember to get open-sided ones that don't cover the area where the airbag deploys
Adam Redman likes this.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for advice. After googling "sheepskin seat cover CX-3" I found a local Manufacturer who is proced competitively $290AUD. Called him up to double check fit and airbag compliant. I will post a photo in week or so. Such a fantastic car, only 250km on it so far and learning it is a delight.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
I had the genuine ones fitted when we bought our CX-3 however they really are rubbish so you are not missing much. By the way you don't need open sided seat covers to be airbag compliant. Most have sacrificial stitching that easily breaks should a side airbag deploy. This setup meets the requirements of the Australian Design Rules.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Huh, I'm the opposite, I like the seats way too much to cover them up! Putting seat covers on will cheapen the look in my opinion.

Here's some on eBay that look decent though:
Mazda CX3 Drivers Front Seat Cover New Genuine 2015 Accessories DK11ACSCF | eBay
post #7 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Try <sheepskinstuff.com>. I have covers from them that are for the front seats. They attach to the seats with elastic fabric straps and they are indeed thick and luxurious! I had them on my Subaru Forester and they are so warm you should not even need to turn on the seat warmers no matter how cold it gets. The company is based in Vancouver but I believe there is a U.S. office as well.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
Huh, I'm the opposite, I like the seats way too much to cover them up! Putting seat covers on will cheapen the look in my opinion.

Agreed! We're all different but I want to enjoy the new aspects of the car while new, not hide them! I'd look at covers if/when wear occurred or temporarily with pets etc.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
post #9 of 17 Old 01-21-2016, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Seat covers can look good, protect the original seat etc, but I am in the camp of leaving them alone.

I did note in Australia that only the top model (Akari) with all bells and whistles gets real leather (at least on facing surfaces). The others get Maztech leather.

Assume Maztech is a manufactured, leather mix but obviously the legal department made them be very specific which models had leather.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-22-2016, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post

Here's some on eBay that look decent though:
Mazda CX3 Drivers Front Seat Cover New Genuine 2015 Accessories DK11ACSCF | eBay
These are the ones that are rubbish. They constantly lift up on the sides and have to be refitted almost daily. I guess that is why they are no longer shown as an accessory on the Mazda Australia website.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode