User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 10-08-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Dashboard squeak/rattle

Anyone else have dashboard squeak/rattles? The noise comes from around my passenger side bullet vent. Seems to stop when I have a passenger push on the round air vent but the vent itself is not loose. Haven't gone to the dealer yet as I don't want my CX3 to be the first one that they pull the dash off on but it's beginning to really annoy me. Anyone have this rattle/squeaking and found a fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal View Post
Anyone else have dashboard squeak/rattles? The noise comes from around my passenger side bullet vent. Seems to stop when I have a passenger push on the round air vent but the vent itself is not loose. Haven't gone to the dealer yet as I don't want my CX3 to be the first one that they pull the dash off on but it's beginning to really annoy me. Anyone have this rattle/squeaking and found a fix?
Ask your passenger to just push up on the glovebox lid and see if that stops it.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 19 Old 10-09-2015, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
Ask your passenger to just push up on the glovebox lid and see if that stops it.
Good thought Anchorman. That was the first thing I tried but that wasn't it. The glovebox is open to the dash in the upper right corner. My passenger/helper was able reach inside the dash vent area from the glovebox and was even able to grab the air vent - which does have some foam wrapped around it, but still couldn't find the source of the noise. I dread having the dealer rip apart my dash but may have no choice.

post #4 of 19 Old 10-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Good thought Anchorman. That was the first thing I tried but that wasn't it. The glovebox is open to the dash in the upper right corner. My passenger/helper was able reach inside the dash vent area from the glovebox and was even able to grab the air vent - which does have some foam wrapped around it, but still couldn't find the source of the noise. I dread having the dealer rip apart my dash but may have no choice.
If you are confident and competent, I can give you the instructions to remove the facia. Just pm me your email address.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

post #5 of 19 Old 10-10-2015, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a 2015 Mazda CX3 Maxx also. I have noticed a rattle passenger side dash also. If the passenger presses the dash in front of them it stops and I can hear a clicking noise around the vent if I press on it when stationery. I am going to mention to the dealer and see if they can fix. Will let you know the outcome.
post #6 of 19 Old 10-16-2015, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I have a rattle from somewhere in the dash that developed about 1k miles in. Haven't found a spot that can dampen or stop it, but it's definitely annoying.
post #7 of 19 Old 10-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I thought my glove box was the culprit but I have heard it again since adding packers so it looks like the majority may well be right - thanks guys! I will investigate tomorrow but taking the dash out will be a last resort as it is a big job. The wiper motor even has to come out under the hood as there are bolts behind it. I think they start on the production line with a dash and then build a car round it! I prefer to have a look myself first though as I don't want some spotty youth at the dealer pulling it apart to that extent. I will report back with my findings if any.

post #8 of 19 Old 10-17-2015, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the same squeak/binding noise. I put a bit of 3-In-One oil in the space between the dash pad and dashboard--from the right AC vent to the middle vent. I also put some in the crack between the black plastic bezel around the right AC vet and also where the dash pad rubs against the vent housing. It fixed the squeak immediately and it hasn't come back. A bit of oil in the seam between the armrest support and the console fixes that squeak, too. Just be sure to clean off any excess oil.
riosx2013 likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 10-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Good work Detective. I will keep that in mind when I have a look tomorrow. Thanks.

post #10 of 19 Old 10-18-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Hiroki....do you think you could possibly upload pictures showing where you applied the oil? I'm not exactly sure which area you mean when you refer to the dash pad. Also, how long has it been since you applied the oil?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode