• 1 Post By st3v3cx-3
  • 2 Post By hsdejong

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-05-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Console in center of car

I have had 2018 Mazda cx-3 for 6 months now, hands down worst vehicle I have ever owned period. To start the interior is cramped and cheap materials used. The console in center is ridiculous I have to reach over it a hundred times a day so obviously dirt and grit will settle into cracks. I have 16000 miles on the car my buttons aren’t working. I have been told by Mazda that I have to pay 500 to have it replaced! For a 2018 vehicle with 16000 miles seriously they want me to pay because they have a crappy design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-05-2019, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah A LeBlanc View Post
I have had 2018 Mazda cx-3 for 6 months now, hands down worst vehicle I have ever owned period. To start the interior is cramped and cheap materials used. The console in center is ridiculous I have to reach over it a hundred times a day so obviously dirt and grit will settle into cracks. I have 16000 miles on the car my buttons aren’t working. I have been told by Mazda that I have to pay 500 to have it replaced! For a 2018 vehicle with 16000 miles seriously they want me to pay because they have a crappy design
Did you not test drive the car before you bought it? Would've been pretty readily apparent if the interior was too cramped for your liking if you did.

Why wasn't the console under warranty? There are plenty of people here with more miles than you and no issues. I've got about 5k on my 2019 so far and life is just peachy.

Reaching over a console doesn't result in dirt in it. Did you spill something in it? Sounds like there's more to this story than you're letting on.
NotAPreppie and Jroper like this.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
wow, another one whose car interior got smaller after purchase - I must be lucky, mine remained the same size that I knowingly purchased.

Odd thing, the materials used were also the same materials that I knowingly purchased

Oh and note this - first post is to complain about the vehicle that most people here own; not a likely way to gain support and/or sympathy.

Obvious ? - "The console in center is ridiculous I have to reach over it a hundred times a day so obviously dirt and grit will settle into cracks"

So every time you reach, all that dirt and grit that falls off of you gets into those tiny cracks. ?
Jroper and PandaG like this.

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore ◊ Stroke: 83.5 ◊ 91.2 mm (3.29 ◊ 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0

post #4 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Sounds and smells like a troll to me!!! If not, dry cleaning "her" clothes would be a sensible idea to stop all this dirt and grit getting rubbed on the console. Plus keeping two hands on the wheel helps
Jroper likes this.

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #5 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah A LeBlanc View Post
I have 16000 miles on the car my buttons arenít working.
I'm sorry to read that her buttons are not working...

;-)
skyking and Jroper like this.

• Mazda CX-3 2018 GT-M 2.0 Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Metallic
post #6 of 8 Old 10-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly I don't understand your rant. You bought the, didn't you test drive it? I test drove many cars before I purchased my car and honestly it is the best so far of all the others I drove. I had a huge vehicle before and I love the comfort of my new car. I don't find it cramped but then I have lost weight too.
post #7 of 8 Old Today, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I was very surprised to read this bluntly critical review. Especially when automotive magazines and online reviews alike all give Mazda interiors high marks for design and quality of materials. Yes, the interior size is a bit smaller than similar vehicles, but that is or should be readily apparent from the time one first sits in it. I kind of go along with the center console comment since I wasn't too crazy about the one in my '17. However Mazda addressed that with the 2019 center console, which is a significant improvement (IMO). Regardless, all auto interiors get some dirt/debris over time; just a quick clean every now and then should suffice. so anyway, what's the big deal?

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)

Last edited by skyking; Today at 03:29 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought my car and I was 30 kilo overweight and still never found it cramped at all. I have since lost weight so definitely not cramped.
Even my husband doesn't feel cramped in his or my car and his is a Mazda 2 and he is 6 foot tall.