• 2 Post By mainemanx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-12-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question 2019 CX-3 Backseat Space

Hello guys,

How do you feel about the backseat space for long drives ?
Is the fact that it's kinda crowded for the legs a huge comfort problem or is it just enough?
I did a test drive recently and checked out the backseat and it kinda felt like i was quite close to the front seat even for a short person like me (1,67m).
For the front seat , I can't say anything because they are great. The combination of leather and textile material makes the seats comfy and the space is more than enough to enjoy a ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-12-2018, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo20 View Post
Hello guys,

How do you feel about the backseat space for long drives ?
Is the fact that it's kinda crowded for the legs a huge comfort problem or is it just enough?
I did a test drive recently and checked out the backseat and it kinda felt like i was quite close to the front seat even for a short person like me (1,67m).
For the front seat , I can't say anything because they are great. The combination of leather and textile material makes the seats comfy and the space is more than enough to enjoy a ride.
The back seat, in my opinion, is just for short drives because the lack of leg space.
I think the only way its somewhat comfortable is if there is only one person back there for a longer drive, or a child.
If it is a necessary thing for you, you probably should be bumping up to a CX-5.
Other than that, its a great little car and fun to drive; but...the CX-5 can be just as fun with more space

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaG View Post
The back seat, in my opinion, is just for short drives because the lack of leg space.
I think the only way its somewhat comfortable is if there is only one person back there for a longer drive, or a child.
If it is a necessary thing for you, you probably should be bumping up to a CX-5.
Other than that, its a great little car and fun to drive; but...the CX-5 can be just as fun with more space
It's not quite a must have for me but I enjoy taking trips with my friends to other cities/ close countries.
I guess if they were okay while doing this with my old 2001 VW Golf 4 it shouldn't be much of a difference

post #4 of 7 Old 09-12-2018, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Yeah, it's pretty tight back there, even compared to other cars in it's size class. Tight even for my wife, who is 96 pounds and just 5 feet tall. When we need to take her Mom somewhere, which fortunately is not often, my wife rides in the back seat and this necessitates moving the front passenger seat up a few notches, just so my petite wife can squeeze in the back seat behind her mother. When I bought the car two years ago, my intention was to consider it basically a two-seater (in fact, I usually have the rear seat folded down). As was stated, if you intend to use the rear seat on a regular basis, you'd likely be better off with a CX-5.
mainemanx likes this.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
post #5 of 7 Old 09-13-2018, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Yeah, it's pretty tight back there, even compared to other cars in [its] size class. Tight even for my wife, who is 96 pounds and just 5 feet tall. When we need to take her Mom somewhere, which fortunately is not often, my wife rides in the back seat and this necessitates moving the front passenger seat up a few notches, just so my petite wife can squeeze in the back seat behind her mother. When I bought the car two years ago, my intention was to consider it basically a two-seater (in fact, I usually have the rear seat folded down). As was stated, if you intend to use the rear seat on a regular basis, you'd likely be better off with a CX-5.
It's the most luxurious, plushest, miniature back seat ever!

Which is just what I wanted! "Basically a two-seater" with an emergencies-only back seat ... slightly more usable than my undergraduate-days 356 :-)
PandaG and Stokers Rule like this.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-14-2018, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
My dog sure likes it back there, But no humans that I know would be caught dead in that tiny space!

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-14-2018, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
My dog sure likes it back there, But no humans that I know would be caught dead in that tiny space!
I have stuffed three fully-grown humans back there, dressed in winter (read: puffy) hiking gear. I was told it was "cozy." Luckily, it was a short 20-minute drive. I wouldn't recommend it for long distances, lest there be a mutiny.

2016 GS AWD with Luxury Package in Jet Black Mica

Canadian hiker, photography buff and auto enthusiast!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode