post #1 of 22 Old 08-25-2018, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Not that I'm aware of but I'm very intrigued now...

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #3 of 22 Old 08-25-2018, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ROB View Post
That looks sweet! Gotta say would be nice to have an armrest... Definitely let us know how it is if you decide to pick one up!

Cheers, Drake

post #4 of 22 Old 08-26-2018, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
This has my interest. I was going to order the one from the UK (circa $180), but after looking at this one, I'd like to know more before deciding. Price certainly looks good, but maybe it is too good. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving and the actual product when delivered could differ a bit. That's why I'd like to hear from someone who actually purchased and installed one of these first (rather than throw away $50).

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
post #5 of 22 Old 08-26-2018, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Also interested as well but I can already make a few observations to play devils advocate against the hype of this. Slider function does not seem to have a way to fix its position (ie securing it from moving forward or back) and as such this can be a pro or a con depending on how tight the tracks are. Best case- its really tight and stays in place but you also cant move it. Worst case- it really loose and slides forward and back while youre driving or while your arm is on it. Given my history with random ebay parts I am skeptical of its quality but thats always up in the air with these kinds of things. My other concern would be he cushion material. I was looking around at alot of its copycat postings and seems highly likely that it is foam filled. Like alot of the neck pillows that are foam filled they want it to be soft and "comfortable" but if thats the case with this it will probably be dented alot worse than the oem handrest which some people have reported issues with. Part of me wants to buy it but the chrome cupholder and ashtray makes it feel too tacky like its trying too hard to advertise so called 'features'.

Also reach around cup holder.. lol this is definitely something only rear passengers will ever even consider using because as I have learned from my saturn sky, anything behind your elbow is the worst thing to reach while driving.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #6 of 22 Old 08-27-2018, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Also interested as well but I can already make a few observations to play devils advocate against the hype of this. Slider function does not seem to have a way to fix its position (ie securing it from moving forward or back) and as such this can be a pro or a con depending on how tight the tracks are. Best case- its really tight and stays in place but you also cant move it. Worst case- it really loose and slides forward and back while youre driving or while your arm is on it. Given my history with random ebay parts I am skeptical of its quality but thats always up in the air with these kinds of things. My other concern would be he cushion material. I was looking around at alot of its copycat postings and seems highly likely that it is foam filled. Like alot of the neck pillows that are foam filled they want it to be soft and "comfortable" but if thats the case with this it will probably be dented alot worse than the oem handrest which some people have reported issues with. Part of me wants to buy it but the chrome cupholder and ashtray makes it feel too tacky like its trying too hard to advertise so called 'features'.

Also reach around cup holder.. lol this is definitely something only rear passengers will ever even consider using because as I have learned from my saturn sky, anything behind your elbow is the worst thing to reach while driving.
Hmmm. I always wished someone would come up with a slider for the armrest. It seemed like the most logical solution.
For myself anyway, I have my seat fairly pushed back so it would work fine.
Apart from the above by Sly, I would be concerned, however, of how close that the base comes to the rear of the 2 stock cup holders.
Seeing as it doesn't seem to fully tilt up, that might be a cup holder turned obsolete.
Perhaps soon some buyer on ebay will post an actual CX-3 photo of it installed...fingers crossed

2018 Mazda CX3-GS, Lux + iActiveSense Pkgs. Eternal Blue Mica.
post #7 of 22 Old 08-27-2018, 11:45 PM

I may pick this up and screw it onto the base in the most rear position even if it covers 1 cup holder, assuming I can find something to turn 1 cup holder into 2 raised ones (it would be over the ebrake) like an adapter of some sort. Got the idea after using a loaner cx-5 this morning and it would solve the armrest/cupholder issue we all experience lol. Off to ebay again it seems.
Only concern is how much the armrest would extend in the back seat area. Its already cramped there and further making it worse might not be the best idea :/

post #8 of 22 Old 08-28-2018, 12:01 AM

I feel like the pictures are misleading..
Picture 2(?) shows the "make sure look like this" mazda install area, look at the short distance between the inner part of the square(?) to the cup holder. Looks like its just about an inch +.

Picture 4(?) shows the 3 parts where you can see the insert/plug piece (upper right) and a much larger distance lip than the space to the cup holder seen prior.

Picture 5 the installation instructions have it just coming close to the cup holder. Gonna assume this isnt the mazda cx3 even though it looks like it at first. I think this is where many of us are looking at and thinking it will retain both cup holders or at least 1 and part of the second. By the looks of it and putting the measurements together its going to take both out of play even when pulled back.

Im going to have to retract my interest now lol

post #9 of 22 Old 08-28-2018, 12:22 AM

Found a video of someone installing it with a modified a base for our car. Although his base is alot slimmer it shows how massive the armrest actually is. Hope this helps clear any questions for interested.

post #10 of 22 Old 08-29-2018, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've purchased one. I'll let y'all know once I get and install. However, talk about long shipping times. Could be a month!
PandaG likes this.

2017 CX-3 - FWD
"I like sports mode, if I could marry sports mode, I would."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode