1Likes
  • 1 Post By mainemanx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-28-2018, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Driver's door window switch

I have a Canadian market 2016 CX3 GT; it has the one-touch down and up window control for the driver's door window. Is that feature software driven, or a function of the switch itself? I would like to control the front passenger side window the same way - from the driver's position - and am wondering if replacing the window control switch will be sufficient. If it's going to be more complicated than that, then I'll abandon my thoughts..... Related to this nonsense, is it likely there are different wiring harnesses for the myriad world markets that would prevent my replacing the switch in the passenger door? I'm thinking that you Brits would already have the proper harness connectors inside our passenger/your driver's door if everybody's wiring is the same. Thanks. geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I can’t answer your question - I don’t know if anyone else can. If you take the steering wheel paddles as an example, they can be added to a CX5 and they just plug and play but I’d hate you to go to lots of expense to find it doesn’t work.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Yes, I would assume the control is in the switch ... which appears to come as a complete assembly for all four windows, Part No. DB4G-66-350 ... surely not assembled in-house, outsourced from some small electrical shop in the shadow of Mazda's Zoom-Zoom Stadium :-)

Just over $220 retail, $160 online ... or $40 on eBay, from recycling yards.

You should/might be able to swap your right for the donor left ... no doubt, others have done this ... I'd start with mazdas247.com and then move to other makes.

P.S. Her HR-V has automatic/one-touch on all four windows ... but I don't think I'd switch just for that ;-)

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Last edited by mainemanx; 04-29-2018 at 12:20 PM.

post #4 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
I think the control is at least partially software driven, and I think this because of a strange issue I have had multiple times...

During my audio build I have had the battery disconnected and connected numerous times, and the one-touch-down function has stopped working many times. Actually, right now is one of those times... Last week I had the battery disconnected and since then I have had to hold the button down. I know that if I go disconnect and reconnect the battery (like a quick reset) it will work again.

Imho, if it was only a function of the switch it would be impossible for it to work intermittently like that.

Hope that helps...

2018 Touring in Ceramic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
I think the control is at least partially software driven, and I think this because of a strange issue I have had multiple times...

During my audio build I have had the battery disconnected and connected numerous times, and the one-touch-down function has stopped working many times. Actually, right now is one of those times... Last week I had the battery disconnected and since then I have had to hold the button down. I know that if I go disconnect and reconnect the battery (like a quick reset) it will work again.

Imho, if it was only a function of the switch it would be impossible for it to work intermittently like that.

Hope that helps...
Yes, page 101 of the pdf version of my Owner's Manual gives the "fully up, full down" reprogramming procedure ... but it seems to me it would be more logical/simpler if unique to the switch ... i.e., the "programming" is done within the switch.

You could always try taking out your switch and fiddling with the connections ... left switch to the right window, etc.

Note: A good economist would simply assume, cśteris paribus, the right window has the auto function, and be done with it ;-)

Last edited by mainemanx; 04-29-2018 at 08:43 PM.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 05:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemanx View Post
Yes, page 101 of the pdf version of my Owner's Manual gives the "fully up, full down" reprogramming procedure ... but it seems to me it would be more logical/simpler if unique to the switch ... i.e., the "programming" is done within the switch.
You know what? I should read my owners manual sometimes too!

2018 Touring in Ceramic

AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS:
post #7 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
You know what? I should read my owners manual sometimes too!
You know I would never, ever use today's kids' language and ask the Dr. of Decibels, Hertz, and Sine Waves to RTFM :-)
DavidRam likes this.

post #8 of 10 Old 04-29-2018, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemanx View Post
you know i would never, ever use today's kids' language and ask the dr. Of decibels, hertz, and sine waves to rtfm :-)
lmao!

2018 Touring in Ceramic

AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS:
post #9 of 10 Old 04-30-2018, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you, Forum members, for your responses. I think I'll check out the harness connectors first, to determine the feasibility of an 'upgrade' then go from there.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-30-2018, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I think the switch will be a simple connect/disconnect and everything else is down to the body control module programming.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode