User Tag List

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-04-2017, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Tired of People Saying There's No Room!

Lawnmower, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, hose, hose reel, 2 passengers, and various other things to maintain the new yard. No problem!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170327_122648.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	16289  
DJ9999, LeeBeckstar, bjn and 3 others like this.

'16 Deep Blue Metallic AWD GT w/i-Activesense

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
There's no room.

[dodges thrown tomato]

Seriously, though, do people really complain about that? Do they not do a proper test drive?

Also, why are they buying a compact car if they really want a box truck?
Sarah, bjn and sippffo like this.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #3 of 17 Old 04-04-2017, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Actually, the dealer I originally spoke too said it was the most common complaint they received from customers who purchased a cx-3. A few actually complained at Delivery!

It just goes to show some people really do get 'new car' tunnel vision while test driving cars and fail to look at the car as a whole.

Coming from a Juke I actually think it's too big back there

Current Vehicle: 2017 CX-3 Touring AWD in Dynamic Blue
Previous Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Juke Nismo AWD

post #4 of 17 Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf50racer View Post
Lawnmower, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, hose, hose reel, 2 passengers, and various other things to maintain the new yard. No problem!
Were you able to close the hatch.I usually take things out of the box for more room when I haul bigger items.
post #5 of 17 Old 04-04-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru1 View Post
Were you able to close the hatch.I usually take things out of the box for more room when I haul bigger items.
It closed with no problem. I pushed the lawnmower all the way forward, closed the hatch, then pushed it back. The front passenger seat was able to go back all the way.
LeeBeckstar likes this.

'16 Deep Blue Metallic AWD GT w/i-Activesense

post #6 of 17 Old 01-13-2018, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I read Car and Driver and Motor Trend as well as watch Autoweek on TV. The automotive critics agree that the CX-3 is the most fun to drive sub compact crossover on the market. They compare the CX-3 with other cars in its class and provide the specs, including the interior room. A friend had a similar size Honda HR-V that had much more rear seat and hatch room that the CX-3, but her car was sluggish, and the touch screen for the audio and climate control was extremely difficult to use while driving. Mazda has a solid feel that some competitors lack. For me, there is plenty of room. I can easily put my bike in the back with the rear seats down. Need more room? Get a CX-5!
post #7 of 17 Old 01-13-2018, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda Bro View Post
I read Car and Driver and Motor Trend as well as watch Autoweek on TV. The automotive critics agree that the CX-3 is the most fun to drive sub compact crossover on the market. They compare the CX-3 with other cars in its class and provide the specs, including the interior room. A friend had a similar size Honda HR-V that had much more rear seat and hatch room that the CX-3, but her car was sluggish, and the touch screen for the audio and climate control was extremely difficult to use while driving. Mazda has a solid feel that some competitors lack. For me, there is plenty of room. I can easily put my bike in the back with the rear seats down. Need more room? Get a CX-5!
HR-V and Crosstrek (both CVT, until I knew better) were on my shopping list earlier this year. I test drove the Crosstrek in February. In case you're wondering, a cold Crosstrek is slower than frozen molasses in winter. That scratched the HR-V off the list immediately, and anything else without a proper transmission.

Friends (who own a CR-V) were riding with me to a trailhead for a hike in the summer. We were looking for a well-hidden road and found it at the last second, while I was still at speed with cars behind me. I braked lightly and turned right, hard, and hit the gas and we were merrily on our way down that road. From the back, all I heard was, "Fack. We'd have rolled the CR-V with that manoeuvre."

For all her shortcomings, and there are a few, I love my CX-3 because she performs properly when it really counts -- for those quick manoeuvres, and for navigating crazy winter weather. I wouldn't trade those for anything. And for the record, I've had five hikers (including myself) with backpacks and other items to haul for a distance. While it was tight, it was by no means miserable. I sometimes get the feeling that some folks want all kinds of room that they'll really never use. I bought the CX-3 to cover my needs 90% of the time, i.e., me and nobody else in there. The other 10% of the time is a bit cozy, but I haven't heard anyone complain. We get where we need to go, and we get there safely.
Steve Frank and Mazda Bro like this.

2016 GS AWD with Luxury Package in Jet Black Mica

Canadian hiker, photography buff and auto enthusiast!
post #8 of 17 Old 01-13-2018, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
(both CVT, until I knew better)
Good point! I would not buy any vehicle with a CVT. I am hoping to persuade my friend's daughter to pass on the Toyota CH-R (CVT) and get a CX-3. Over the weekend she will have a chance to drive my car. We are solo commuters 90% of the time, like you, and we don't need a huge car.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-13-2018, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
I added a bunch of audio crap to the trunk and still have plenty of room...

2018 Touring in Ceramic

AUDIO BUILD IN PROGRESS:
post #10 of 17 Old 01-20-2018, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
I added a bunch of audio crap to the trunk and still have plenty of room...

woah. I need to do this. Did you follow a guide?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode