User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-20-2016, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Floor heat and infotainment system!

I have noticed that the floor heat isn't very strong. I would say even after the car heats up my feet are still fairly chilly. Has anyone else noticed this? We have been hit with an arctic blast but I noticed it even before then. The floor heat does work but I find it to be rather lackluster.

The infotainment system is rather mediocre. I can't tell you how many times it has the wrong artist and/or wrong song listed. There is also several times where it shows "Metra or metrarail.com" I am happy with my vehicle but it sure has a couple of flaws. I am going to have it checked when I go in for my oil change.

Last edited by Mooki33; 12-20-2016 at 05:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-20-2016, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooki33 View Post
I have noticed that the floor heat isn't very strong. I would say even after the car heats up my feet are still fairly chilly. Has anyone else noticed this? We have been hit with an arctic blast but I noticed it even before then. The floor heat does work but I find it to be rather lackluster.
Agreed on the floor/heat issue. Where are you located? I live in Philadelphia and work in New Jersey and YES, my feet were pretty icy for my entire 40-minute commute to work this morning. I ended up turning the knob to drive ALL air flow to my feet, but it didn't really cut it.

2017 CX-3 Touring (Soul Red)
Hobby1: Begging Mazda to make CX-3 w/ manual transmission in USA.
Hobby2: Accepting failure.
post #3 of 21 Old 12-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
I leave my HVAC selector in auto mode most of the time and I haven't noticed any problems, even here in Chiberia.

When it's displaying incorrect song info, what music source are you using? Mine has always been accurate when streaming from bluetooth but I don't listen to broadcast radio.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.

post #4 of 21 Old 12-20-2016, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Very interesting. I live in Connecticut (shoreline) and late last week the morning temps were in the single numbers. I put the auto on 72 and frankly I was fine. Maybe I'm just hot-blooded; I don't know. However, my wife and I did travel to Albany, NY via the Mass Pike early last Friday and the outdoor temperature reading in Otis, Mass. was zero degrees. It was still fine inside the CX-3 (though I prefer to keep it a bit on the cool side), though my wife, who is forever cold, was totally bundled up. One thing about this trip. The CX-3 handled it just fine, however the washer nozzles froze up (I guess to be expected with zero temps). I am still on the Mazda factory washer fluid fill. I had to pull over on the Mass Pike and get out to wipe the windshield off with a rag (at 2 degrees with a howling wind). That was fun (NOT).

Sorry for the digression. Bottom line is my heater seems to work okay.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
post #5 of 21 Old 12-21-2016, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the same issue with the infotainment system. Through bluetooth the song never changes artist until I press the next track button. It is pretty annoying.
post #6 of 21 Old 12-21-2016, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Agreed on the floor/heat issue. Where are you located? I live in Philadelphia and work in New Jersey and YES, my feet were pretty icy for my entire 40-minute commute to work this morning. I ended up turning the knob to drive ALL air flow to my feet, but it didn't really cut it.
I'm in Chicago. It does work very well when I turn the knob to drive the airflow to my feet. I just don't think it should be reduced that much when it's on the def/feet selection. I get that it might be a tad weaker but I can put my hand down there and notice a significant different in the settings. This is the 4th car I've own in my life and I have never experienced anything like this.
post #7 of 21 Old 12-21-2016, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPreppie View Post
I leave my HVAC selector in auto mode most of the time and I haven't noticed any problems, even here in Chiberia.

When it's displaying incorrect song info, what music source are you using? Mine has always been accurate when streaming from bluetooth but I don't listen to broadcast radio.
It happens when I am listening to the radio. There is one station where it usually won't display at all in the morning and that is 100.3 WSHE FM Chicago. It will say Metrarail.com I sure wish I could get satellite.

Do we have to take the vehicle in for infotainment updates? Is it something we can do ourselves?
post #8 of 21 Old 12-21-2016, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Analog radio uses RDS to transmit track/artist info. HD Radio has its own system. The CX-3 (and almost all newer cars) have stereos that can receive both.

The rules governing HD Radio require that the primary HD channel in a frequency (HD1) be a simulcast of the analog signal. Also, the digital signal power is limited to 4% of the analog power (was 1% before 2010). If the digital signal drops out, it automatically falls back on the analog which is the same as HD1. Similarly, if the system reverts to analog, it should fall back to using RDS for information.

I'm wondering if you're commonly in a weird zone where the radio is having trouble choosing between the digital and analog signals.

It's also possible that 100.3 WSHE doesn't have it's stuff together and just isn't reliably broadcasting info.

It's also possible that you're picking up the traffic report over RDS/HD and that's why it's mentioning Metra (especially since Metra seems to have more delays than a Comcast installer). I've noticed on the odd occasions when I've listened to broadcast radio that when the traffic report comes on, it puts up some traffic info in the text and it sometimes sticks around through half of the next song.

I'll try 100.3 tomorrow and see if it works for me on my commute from the West Loop to West Lawn.

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-21-2016, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Sorry Mooki. When I read about your "We have been hit with an arctic blast" then looked to see what country you were referring too and you didn't indicate in your profile I LOST INTEREST. I did however see you mentioned Chicago later in another post. Can't work out why then you wouldn't include it in your profile.

You only have the right of way if the other driver gives it to you
post #10 of 21 Old 12-21-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi3xt View Post
Sorry Mooki. When I read about your "We have been hit with an arctic blast" then looked to see what country you were referring too and you didn't indicate in your profile I LOST INTEREST. I did however see you mentioned Chicago later in another post. Can't work out why then you wouldn't include it in your profile.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this so I'll just say Happy Holidays and leave it at that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode