• 1 Post By jtOttawa
  • 1 Post By Geezer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-18-2016, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
IIHS Crash Test

The IIHS crash test has finally come out for the CX-3 - Mazda has done themselves proud:

Vehicle details
pete_falcone likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-18-2016, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
That's nice, but it doesn't apply to the Canadian version unfortunately. Here in Canada, the top fully loaded version (GT) comes without the equipment that is conditional to the "Superior" rating. The car that was reviewed has Smart braking (not available in Canada) and forward collision warning (not available in Canada).

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-20-2016, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
We don't get those features on the GT either, unless you purchase the optional i-Activesense package. I wonder why it's not available at all in Canada though.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
We don't get those features on the GT either, unless you purchase the optional i-Activesense package. I wonder why it's not available at all in Canada though.
Right, safety extras are only available with what is called the GT with Tech (which I imagine means i-Activesense elsewhere). But yeah, it beats hell out of me as to why they kept the forward collision and adaptive cruise out of the Canadian edition (even GTs equipped with the Tech package like mine). Buying a CX3 in Canada is almost like getting a gin and tonic without the gin!
greaseman85 likes this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Canadian Cx-3's with the Tech package only gets the autonomous braking. We don't get radar cruise and foreward collision. Apparently because of the U.S and Canadian dollar. If we were to have it all, the CX-3 would cost more here and nobody would be willing to pay 39,000 CDN after taxes for a tiny CX-3. In fact I'm already thinking about trading my CX-3 for a 2016 CX-9 signature.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-21-2016, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I see reports that the i-Activsense package is going to drop significantly in price for 2017 - hopefully Mazda brings all the features to Canada at the same time.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-21-2016, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtOttawa View Post
I see reports that the i-Activsense package is going to drop significantly in price for 2017 - hopefully Mazda brings all the features to Canada at the same time.
Since all the camera stuff is in one place (in front of the rear view mirror) and to my eyes it seems to have all the same stuff as the U.S. version I am wondering if all that would be needed would be a software update that would provide all the missing features to the Canadian version should Mazda Canada decide to provide them?

I am certainly not going to trade my 2016 CX3 for a 2017 edition just to get those missing features. But it would be really nice if they could be provided by a simple firmware re-flash.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode