14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-13-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Unhappy Heartbroken

Purchased my CX-3 in April, put 6k on it, and today got hit by a driver pulling out of a parking lot. I don't know what to do, this is my first accident. Insurance was notified and I have a rental for now.

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with the insurance companies to make sure I can get the car restored? Or advice if they total it?

Also any new car crash horror stories would be appreciated so i don't feel like such an idiot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160613_140537.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	10058  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I'm sorry this happened to you but they should be able to fix it where you would never know you were involved in a accident.
I know that don't make you feel better and I would be sick too.
It doesn't look like enough damage to be totaled.
CambriaKilgannon likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriaKilgannon View Post
Purchased my CX-3 in April, put 6k on it, and today got hit by a driver pulling out of a parking lot. I don't know what to do, this is my first accident. Insurance was notified and I have a rental for now.

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with the insurance companies to make sure I can get the car restored? Or advice if they total it?

Also any new car crash horror stories would be appreciated so i don't feel like such an idiot.
Wow! I could not imagine a nastier result from the crash. It appears that everything on the left front corner was destroyed. I don't know about the alloy wheel but it probably was also damaged. The one thing I would make sure of is that they replace all the damage with brand new OEM factory parts and not knock offs. Also don't let them get away with using filler on the damaged panels. They need to strip the car down of all sheet metal on the front and left side and build it up with new metal and a factory repaint that is up to Mazda standards. And your Insurance or the insurance of the other driver should foot the bill completely with no exclusions or exceptions.

Tough luck my friend! 2 months plus a few weeks is not much time to enjoy a new car. I hope they do the right thing for you.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-13-2016, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Sorry to see this happen. The good news is very little intrusion so after the cosmetic stuff is done, should have no impact on the quality of how it performs. Looks far from a total but will still be pricy to fix. Just stay on top of them and as pointed out, ensure the work is satisfactory to your liking when complete.

You may want to seek diminished value compensation as this will go on record and may impact the value of an eventual sale.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Are you able to insist on your insurance company having the car repaired at an authorised Mazda dealer / repair centre using 100% new Mazda parts? That way you should be ensured the repair is done to full Mazda standards and wouldn't affect any paint warranty etc. If it worked out dearer, it wouldn't affect their cost but the other driver's insurance company. This is possible in the UK. As others have said, it probably - and hopefully - looks far worse than it is and wouldn't involve a write off.

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #6 of 16 Old 06-14-2016, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I was going to say almost exactly what DJ has said - although it looks heartbreaking, it is mostly superficial. There are no copy parts so they will all be genuine. I don't know the ins and outs of US insurance, you will get plenty of advice here but the main thing is, the car essentially is not bent. In other words, when they replace all those panels, it won't scrub tyres or pull to one side or let water in etc. A serious enough shunt would bend or twist the chassis.

Keep your chin up buddy, the main thing is nobody was hurt.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #7 of 16 Old 06-14-2016, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I've had a bunch of collisions (not to mention two incidents of trees falling on my house) and I have always been treated fairly by the insurance companies.

YMMV, but from my experience, the collision was the worst part.

10 years ago I stopped for a firetruck and was rear-ended. He admitted to watching the firetruck and not seeing me. The car was 3 days old. Damage was minor, but was still a couple thousand.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriaKilgannon View Post

Always upsetting to see a nice new car in a bingle. From the pic it might look nasty but, does not look to be a real structural problem. DJ's advice sounds good to me. And believe me, you're NOT an idiot, just someone who has had an accident. Please keep us informed as to the outcome....take care.
post #9 of 16 Old 06-14-2016, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your accident, new bonnet,left hand wing,grill and bumper and I will be as good as new.
I was able to get my cx3 Australia from largish Suv t boneing my 2005 Honda euro. A great car, collected insurance. I had 3new cars all were hit up the bum within 6weeks of purchasing them. My 2009 Honda euro finally got a tap up the bum after 6 years. All the best in your fixed car, try using the sports mode it's quite quick
post #10 of 16 Old 06-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
I would under all scenarios push for a write off. Especially since you are not at fault, any good insurer will push for this on your behalf. Seeing your car is so new, you will most likely be given the opportunity to replace with another new cx3.

I would not settle for repairs under any circumstance when it comes such a new car, especially if there is frame / structural damage beyond just body work. It would devalue your vehicle when it comes time to sell / trade in and seeing how you're not "at - fault" i see no reason why you as the victim should bare this depreciation
zbgirl and CambriaKilgannon like this.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT

Tags
accident , insurance , repairs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode