Hail damage - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-25-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Hail damage

No,I don't have any but my last two cars did.I am paranoid about hail damage now and if there is any inkling of having a storm my cx-3 does not leave the garage as I really don't have to go anywhere as I am retired.
I use a app on my phone to see if any storms are approaching and there has been a lot this year with hail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I'm in the same boat, no garage. My previous cars have weathered storms pretty well so I'm hoping the CX-3 is no different. As long as a tree doesn't fall on it, or hail the size of golf balls or something, I hope it'll be fine.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Slightly off topic but my mate sat in his caravan trailer and watched a hailstorm with excitement until he went out and saw what had happened.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
That poor trailer

Having grown up in Florida, I've seen some intense baseball size hail and the destructive damage it causes. I'm thankful we don't have to deal with that threat in Seattle.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
By checking weather reports before taking your car out of the garage, you’re doing about all you can do to prevent hail damage. What else can you do?

Store a thick car cover or blankets or the type of padded furniture wraps that movers use in the trunk. If hail starts while you’re out driving, you pull over and stop, and then drape the coverings over the car. Or get a car that has horizontal and vertical body panels that are made out of ding resistant plastic body panels. That is, if there are any cars out there that have them. Some of the older Saturns had plastic panels but only the vertical body panels (doors, fenders) but not the horizontal panels (hood, roof, trunk lid).

Just think, if not hail, there are a myriad of other things that can happen to a car such as an accident or getting stolen or vandalism or rust, etc., etc.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2016, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
By checking weather reports before taking your car out of the garage, you’re doing about all you can do to prevent hail damage. What else can you do?

Store a thick car cover or blankets or the type of padded furniture wraps that movers use in the trunk. If hail starts while you’re out driving, you pull over and stop, and then drape the coverings over the car. Or get a car that has horizontal and vertical body panels that are made out of ding resistant plastic body panels. That is, if there are any cars out there that have them. Some of the older Saturns had plastic panels but only the vertical body panels (doors, fenders) but not the horizontal panels (hood, roof, trunk lid).

Just think, if not hail, there are a myriad of other things that can happen to a car such as an accident or getting stolen or vandalism or rust, etc., etc.
I know accidents happen and there are other dangers that can happen but hail happens when your car is out in the open just sitting there.
I try to prevent any hail or storm damage by leaving my car in the garage when I know a storm is coming.
That policy has saved me twice in four months as there was hail and heavy winds twice in my area already.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode