When do you think the 2017s will be available and what will be different? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

4Likes
  • 1 Post By specteractual
  • 1 Post By greaseman85
  • 1 Post By Vipre77
  • 1 Post By lynx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Question When do you think the 2017s will be available and what will be different?

• Does anyone know when the 2017 CX-3s will be available in North America?

• What do you think will be different? (Fingers crossed that they've fixed the anemic windshield wiper spray and the transmission glitches.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
I suspect the latest would be this summer around july / august, though as early as june could be a possibility (for example, they confirmed ithe 2017 Hard top Miata is slated for June / July Summer release)

Changes wise I think some color(s) might get dropped / added. Won't be any exterior changes other than that, though interior may see some minor tweaks (arm rest, cup holder etc.)
Many are probably banking on a power seat option, if true probably will see it in GT or GT with tech pack (or equivalent) though I still think Mazda is reluctant to give this power seats.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #3 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I'd guess Aug or Sept. I don't expect to see any changes except a new color or 2 and maybe some tweaks to the package contents given its a new model.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Id say that it will probably be July or August. I don't foresee any big changes beyond maybe a power seat and interior/exterior tweaks. I don't see them adding a manual transmission or any more power to the engine. It would be awesome if they did a redesign of the cup holder/armrest area and added a fold down armrest with a cup holder in the back seat.
greaseman85 likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I talked to someone in Fleet at Mazda and she said there were no plans for a manual transmission. I hear the same thing from dealerships. I'm growing to accept it, but it's still a bummer.

As for the windshield wiper spray, that has to change. Too many people are shocked by how useless it is for Mazda not to have noticed.

The armrest and lack of storage are other small nuisances, apparently. But I've seen companies fix that stuff in the second iteration of a new vehicle.

Here's hoping they read this board.

I cannot WAIT to buy this vehicle. I'm hoping I can make it happen in late summer.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I doubt they'll change much, but I'm hoping:

Proper windshield washer.

Electronic parking break or foot break to maximize center console space.

Raised center console, right now they're flush with the seats, I prefer a raised center console which tends to give cars a more premium look (look at Mazda 6 for example, or the Honda HR-V).

Actual armrest and storage, this goes hand in hand with a raised center console.

Move cup holders behind shifter, a la Audi 3, which means a slight tweak to the dashboard and CD player area. Or implement hideaway cup holders into the dashboard like the old BMWs.

I really like having commander controls but I'd be OK with Mazda removing it on the CX-3 so they have more space to work with on the center console. They're not in an ideal place on the current CX-3 and can be a bit awkward to use. That may be more due to the bungled center console. Raising the center console will also help with this if they decide to keep the commander controls.

Power driver seats at the very least as an option on lower trims, and standard on top of the line trim.

Last but not least, ANDROID AUTO AND APPLE CARPLAY! Come on Mazda, your competitors are leaving you in the dust as far as infotainment technology is concerned. I'm fairly certain they won't do this any time soon, or else they would've added it to the new CX-9 that will be released this summer.
Sarah likes this.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment

Last edited by greaseman85; 05-06-2016 at 07:36 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think the only things that will possibly change(as already mentioned) is the hand brake to e-brake(I actually prefer a hand break), all cars seem to be going to the e-break though, and probably the windshield wiper spray strength. And add and delete colors. I don't think they will do anything major for the second year of production.

The minor transmission quirks could be fixed with software/firmware updates to the computer system right?
post #8 of 10 Old 05-06-2016, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
I expect no changes at all. The 2016 was a late release in the US. First shipments in Wisconsin didn't arrive until very end of August or first couple days of September.

Power seats may be a tall order in this car because of the limited space available.

Any changes will be minor at best. Paint color options aren't unusual changes, though. Sometimes cloths used in upholstery change. I think a lot of people might be complaining about the cupholder/armrest situation, a change there wouldn't be too surprising I guess, but I doubt it will happen this year. That mold tooling is expensive and I doubt they've sold enough to justify tooling up something different already.
ghmpm likes this.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-07-2016, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I would be extremely surprised if there were any changes other than color add/removal.

Most of what you guys are saying wont come without a complete new generation of CX3, which is what prob 4 yrs away at least.

I would love to see them add Carplay/AA though. Hopefully with a flash update for us 2016s.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-09-2016, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The second year of a newly designed model like the CX-3 usually has few changes. There might be a new color or two but that’s easy and inexpensive for an auto maker to implement.

Cars are very complex. It’s better to avoid the first model year because you have to give auto makers a year to get the bugs out. Auto makers are usually busy addressing the complaints and problems found in the first model year’s car to implement other changes. From following this forum though, it appears there’s been very few problems with the 2016 CX-3.

No one on this forum knows what’ll change. Only Mazda insiders know what changes are in store for the 2017 CX-3, if any. And they’re not going to tell you until they’re good and ready to which will be late summer or early fall. Auto makers don’t want to tip off people on the next model year’s changes because they want you to buy the car now. You’ll find out what’s being changed when the 2017 CX-3 glossy sales brochure becomes available. In the meantime, ask a Mazda sales person to contact you when they become available. Get a 2016 brochure if you don't already have one. Then cross-check each 2017 specification line item with the 2016 brochure’s specifications to find out what’s being changed. I’m also a prospective 2017 CX-3 buyer.
Sarah likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode