Car Seats and the CX3 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-30-2016, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Car Seats and the CX3

I have a forward facing car seat (Graco) and its a royal pain to buckle the seat belt in the back, because of the recessed buckles. I tried a small extender and that didnt help either.

Anyone else have a forward facing seat using the stock belts?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-31-2016, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetydosa View Post
I have a forward facing car seat (Graco) and its a royal pain to buckle the seat belt in the back, because of the recessed buckles. I tried a small extender and that didnt help either.

Anyone else have a forward facing seat using the stock belts?

Thanks in advance!
I have two booster seats in back, if we're talking about the kind that just use the regular shoulder/lap belts. One of my boosters is only a basic booster. The other is the seat base from one of the 3-in-1 convertible types. The basic booster seat works fine because it's a little narrower than the other one. The 3-in-1 base is wider and we have trouble getting at the buckle receptacle for that seat. The difficulty is partly due to the hip room provided and partly because it is recessed. Both of my boosters fit just fine with no troubles in my wife's CX-5. My older child is about to graduate out of needing the seat, so when that time comes, we'll retire the 3-in-1 seat and use the narrower seat for the younger kid.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-31-2016, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
I have two booster seats in back, if we're talking about the kind that just use the regular shoulder/lap belts. One of my boosters is only a basic booster. The other is the seat base from one of the 3-in-1 convertible types. The basic booster seat works fine because it's a little narrower than the other one. The 3-in-1 base is wider and we have trouble getting at the buckle receptacle for that seat. The difficulty is partly due to the hip room provided and partly because it is recessed. Both of my boosters fit just fine with no troubles in my wife's CX-5. My older child is about to graduate out of needing the seat, so when that time comes, we'll retire the 3-in-1 seat and use the narrower seat for the younger kid.
Thanks for the response. Since my original post, Ive done some reading and apparently the extender is a bad idea. I measured my seat and the base is quite wide, I just going to get a narrower seat. Ive found one that's 3" narrower in the back - that should do the trick. The old seat was pretty worse for wear anyway.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-15-2016, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi
Iam in need of a seatbelt extender for my cx3 but can't find a seller anywhere.
I noticed on this thread you mentioned you have one.
Can you share where you were able to buy one from?
Thanks
post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2016, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

I got mine off ebay. Just do a search for CX3 seatbelt extender. I should mention however, they are not recommended for use with child seats. Its still somewhat a pain to buckle my daughter in even with the narrower seat. The flush mount seat belt are a pain.

2016 CX-3 GT - CW

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode