Is 3 bikes possible with a hitch rack? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-06-2016, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is 3 bikes possible with a hitch rack?

Does anyone know if I installed a hitch if I would be able to purchase bike rack that could accommodate 3 bikes? I need to transport 2 adults and one kids bike. Not going g cross country or anything,usually 2-3 hrs travel max. Any info would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
The hitch I can buy from Mazda Denmark has a max. loadcpacity of 75 kg.
So if You can find a bike rack (Thule makes many different types like this one Thule VeloCompact 927 - Thule) to hold 3 bikes and You are under the 75 kg. in total, I can't see any problems.

Sorry about the link, it maybe showing up in danish, just switch to english :-)

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-06-2016, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
From what I read from e-trailer is you can only put two bikes on a hitch with the CX-3 and that is all it can support.

Last edited by Playthru; 03-06-2016 at 04:54 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-06-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just checked Saris website and they have the CX3 listed on their "Fit Finder". It seems none of their trunk racks work but they have a bunch of hitches available including 3 bike configurations. I don't think etrailer sells their products. I might give them a call tomorrow just to confirm but I'll be a very happy camper if it's true!
post #5 of 7 Old 03-06-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just checked Saris website and they have the CX3 listed on their "Fit Finder". It seems none of their trunk racks work but they have a bunch of hitches available including 3 bike configurations. I don't think etrailer sells their products. I might give them a call tomorrow just to confirm but I'll be a very happy camper if it's true!
E trailer says it is the weight of three bikes with the bike rack and they do not advise it.
E trailer wrote the the Cx-3 can only handle a class one hitch with the bike rack they even go further that Mazda does not support even towing with the hitch.
If you notice that Mazda does not even offer a hitch in The US market.Personally if it were me I would not risk it from the information I got from e trailer.I am getting a draw-tite hitch and a swagman XTC-2 bike rack that supports two bikes.

Last edited by Playthru; 03-06-2016 at 11:53 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-07-2016, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru View Post
E trailer says it is the weight of three bikes with the bike rack and they do not advise it.
E trailer wrote the the Cx-3 can only handle a class one hitch with the bike rack they even go further that Mazda does not support even towing with the hitch.
If you notice that Mazda does not even offer a hitch in The US market.Personally if it were me I would not risk it from the information I got from e trailer.I am getting a draw-tite hitch and a swagman XTC-2 bike rack that supports two bikes.
The Canadian market now sells an accessory hitch and bike rack; though the bike rack is only for 2 bikes. Though again it's an accessory hitch not a towing hitch!

Side note - Canadian market now sells roof racks too! These were unavailable a few months ago when I bought mine
post #7 of 7 Old 03-07-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimMacph View Post
The Canadian market now sells an accessory hitch and bike rack; though the bike rack is only for 2 bikes. Though again it's an accessory hitch not a towing hitch!

Side note - Canadian market now sells roof racks too! These were unavailable a few months ago when I bought mine
I'm looking forward to see if Mazda has a different design on there hitches or are they just rebranding a curt or a hidden hitch with the Mazda name on it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode